Daytona M star boots vs Altberg

Jako999

Reaction score
I purchased some sidi adventure boots but I just can’t get on with them, I just can’t change gear with them. I know they might get better but there not for me. I wanted something with a bit thicker sole to give me a bit more height. I have found the Daytona have a 2.5 cm lift in sole which sounds good and they have thinner toe height, I have some altburge work boots and have been looking at their bike boots.
Any advice on either.
Thanks

Have a pair of Altberg Clubmans , 20 plus years old well used still waterproof and on the original cleated Vibram soles , as comfortable as slippers.

Few years ago bought an expensive pair of Daytona Touring Star Goretex boots , lovely but are a slightly narrower fit and I just could not get away with them and after a few months went back to the trusty Altbergs

Decided to supplement the older boots with a pair of Altberg Roadrunner boots , they are a shorter boot like the Daytonas have all the same features but a better thicker cleated sole and are if anything better finished than the Daytonas.

ps also have a pair of dual purpose Altberg Hogg Microlite boots for bike and walking use

I have had two pairs of Daytona Roadstar GTX and a pair of Altberg Roadrunners. I’m 6ft tall, so no interest in making myself taller, the Daytonas have been brilliant boots and the first pair were resoled FOC after they one of them started to look a bit iffy. The Altbergs were made to measure last May, I’ve worn them over the winter, never let me down, they just don’t feel broken in yet. I’m sure they will be great.

Going to be measured is a treat in itself.

Sidi Adventure boots are a sod to break in - but.... once done are fantastic. Not an ideal time of year to break in - my advice normally - in the house wear them all the time. With a kit of leather softener and plenty of wearing they will loosen up and become your new armoured slippers!

I had some Sidi Advs and swapped them for Altbergs Hoggs, falling for the hype. I wish I had my Sidis back tbh.

What size are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom