Nav 6 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPG_19

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am having a problem with my nav 6

It will not save any routes in the trip planner

It will built the trip, navigate it, but won’t save it despite clicking save.

Convert a track to a route no problems then won’t save it!!

Any solutions please?

Questions:

1. Is this device one you have owned and used yourself for some time or is it one you have picked-up secondhand from some unknown seller? I only ask as there are sometimes devices floating around in the market that have been 'improved' (in other words, fecked up) or tampered with by other 'careful' previous owners. Or some that just do not work and have been then been offloaded into the market by previous owners who cannot be arsed to get the device mended.

2. Is this a new phenomenon? In other words, have you been able to save routes you have built in the device into trip planner before? Or is this the first time you have tried and it's failed?

3. Is all the software up to date and properly installed?

4. Is the route possibly appearing way down a list of unscheduled other routes, so that you just can't see it without scrolling down?

5. Can you create a route in BaseCamp / Mapsource (or some other third party software, if you must) and get that to save into trip planner?

6. Have you tried (and this is usually a last resort, not the first course of action) saving the data on your device onto your home computer and then doing a hard re-set on the device?

Await your words on all six points.

Thanks you.

Will it save the route as a track, and then convert it back into a route.

Questions:

1. Is this device one you have owned and used yourself for some time or is it one you have picked-up secondhand from some unknown seller? I only ask as there are sometimes devices floating around in the market that have been 'improved' (in other words, fecked up) or tampered with by other 'careful' previous owners. Or some that just do not work and have been then been offloaded into the market by previous owners who cannot be arsed to get the device mended.

2. Is this a new phenomenon? In other words, have you been able to save routes you have built in the device into trip planner before? Or is this the first time you have tried and it's failed?

4. Is the route possibly appearing way down a list of unscheduled other routes, so that you just can't see it without scrolling down?

5. Can you create a route in BaseCamp / Mapsource (or some other third party software, if you must) and get that to save into trip planner?

6. Have you tried (and this is usually a last resort, not the first course of action) saving the data on your device onto your home computer and then doing a hard re-set on the device?

Thanks you.

Hi wapping

Owned from new bought from BMW
This is a new phenomenon on a trip in the last week, previously been able to boot camp to the nav or copy. Or just copy from BBR to the GPX folder

No routes appear at all even though the GPX folder has them in.

Copies from software then doesn’t appear

Reset done using the bottom corner technique unless there is a different way

Will it save the route as a track, and then convert it back into a route.

Copy track, no issue.
Convert to route, then says it will appear in route planner (or words to that effect).
It doesn’t!! Just disappears into the ether.

I am at a loss to understand why the routes are not appearing.

That being said, I sometimes send routes from BaseCamp on my Mac to a Garmin device (the routes I can see in the gpx folder and listed as present on the device in BaseCamp) but for some reason or other do not appear on the device's screen and cannot be imported into the trip planner. I always check that they are there by firing up the device, displaying the routes and checking them before I wonder off out of the door. I send them again and then they pop up. Very odd. Now I just drag and drop them across.

Sorry, I can't help you more.

As to the factory reset? This video shows the two methods, the third being a lump hammer...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Sc8VPJkZsA8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a thought have you tried to see if your software and firmware are up to date, connect the unit to Garmin express to find out. or maybe did this problem start after an update.

Just a thought have you tried to see if your software and firmware are up to date, connect the unit to Garmin express to find out. or maybe did this problem start after an update.

Plugged into Garmin express and only updates are maps, still same issues.

So the outcome from Garmin support

Take it for a replacement.

Questions:

Thanks you.

So I found my own solution as it happened to a warranty replacement.

Reinstall Garmin express/basecamp, ensuring no backups on the computer.
Unhide files (Mac or PC)
mount Garmin
in the hidden system folder there is a file called trips. Delete it.
restart Garmin, all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom