Removing rear wheel cover - protecting the holes

LBJ GSA

Reaction score
I removed the rear wheel cover on my previous GS (LC) and covered the exposed holes with a little Touratech cover plate to prevent water ingress. I can't see anything out there to do the same on an earlier (2008) GS where the rear wheel cover is mounted on the right hand side versus the left hand side on LCs.

What have those of you who have removed your wheel cover (on 2004-2012) GSs done to protect the holes? Stubby little screws?

For normal road riding, it seems to be surplus to requirements - and I think it looks better without it.

Many thanks

LBJ

iirc, my gsa hexhead had a covering plate (touratech), replacing the mounting and screws for the "mudguard.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I can't seem to find one for the hexhead, only the LC. Maybe discontinued.

Mines not had the rear shovel on since I bought it 12 years ago. I've never covered the holes. I Didn't worry about it. I'm sure if you are worried about it not bolting back in again a short bolt will do the job to keep the threads clean.

Just measure the bolts and get some shorter replacements from Probolts. That’s what I’ve always done on my GS’s, and just did on my Multi.

Back
Top Bottom