Key

Stevie900

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before but I need a non transponder/transmitter key just for my panniers/seat lock. Any suggestions?

Pop into your dealer.

Mine had a cardboard box with over a hundred sets of unused keys from panniers that had been recoded. I was given to understand that all dealers will have amassed such a collection as panniers come with their own keys

I brought my topbox into the store and sat with a free coffee trying the keys in the lock until after 20 mins I found some.

Cost was a donation to the air ambulance

I used the local locksmith, he copied from the main one , non transponder for about £15.00, you will find your local BMW dealer will charge you double that

https://keysinthepost.com/

Just bought some vario panniers and seller sent me a picture of the keys that he still needed for his bike. I used the above company and keys arrived same day as the panniers arrived and work perfectly.

+1 on key2code, great quick service. No need to leave your living room.

I’ve used them twice and very happy.

https://www.key2code.co.uk/#/

Bought one ofF these last week - fantastic service and quick delivery.
£15
Just type in your GS key number (K1234 etc) . You then send a photo of the key for confirmation.

This link is to the page you might need.

https://www.key2code.co.uk/store/p438/BMW_Motorcycle_K5001_-_K8276__keys_cut_to_code.html#/

Thanks, I've ordered 1 so my keyfob can stay in my pocket. I had 1 that I got from Timpsons for my last bike but keep forgetting to go in with my key so they could order a blank.

Thanks, I've ordered 1 so my keyfob can stay in my pocket. I had 1 that I got from Timpsons for my last bike but keep forgetting to go in with my key so they could order a blank.

Thats why i ordered - its a pain keep using the fob key.
I have asked my local bmw dealer for a full price on a 2nd transponder key fob - i will post on here once i get an answer.
I just dont feel right only having one set of keys from new.
The little plastic key is not for me......

Thats why i ordered - its a pain keep using the fob key.
I have asked my local bmw dealer for a full price on a 2nd transponder key fob - i will post on here once i get an answer.
I just dont feel right only having one set of keys from new.
The little plastic key is not for me......
Make sure you are sitting down when they tell you the price for a new key fob...

New keyless ride fob, £197 to you sir, but of course we will do you a 10% discount if you bought the bike from us. If concerned about losing a transponder key that will start the bike, a spare "wallet" key, the plastic one is around £36 or so.

To use the little key, do you have to take the seat off to get the transponder near the rear upper mudguard?
If thats the case, i might just psy the £197 and get a proper key.

For £18k its a bit bad you dont get 2 keys.

To use the plastic emergency key you should just be able to hold it under rear mudguard for it to work...

Back
Top Bottom