Any experiences with high compression pistons on the R1150?

I’ve looked in to this, it’s something I would like to try, a few people have fitted high comp pistons from other models, 1100s and 1150 rs if my memory is right, I think they fitted 1100s cams as well.
If you search it should come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered this mag from fleabay: MO BMW Sonderheft nr.12, they talk of tuning a r1150 using a R1200 krankshaft? interesting, cant wait for it to arrive :okay

Just ordered this mag from fleabay: MO BMW Sonderheft nr.12, they talk of tuning a r1150 using a R1200 krankshaft? interesting, cant wait for it to arrive :okay

I'd be interested to hear the result of that. I've heard it's possible to use the R1200C crank running R1150 top end but I've never seen anyone do it. I almost bought a cruiser block many years ago to try. I have fitted gas flowed heads running higher compression and heavily profiled R1150RS cams to a GS (well Rockster bitsa) with pretty impressive results - just under 100bhp at the rear wheel. I'll be following your progress with interest. Good luck:thumb

Do you mind me asking why did you have the cans re profiles to gs spec
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d read it again, as that’s not what was written. DrAlf added gas-flowed heads and heavily profiled 1150RS cams... to his GS/Rockster.

I’d read it again, as that’s not what was written. DrAlf added gas-flowed heads and heavily profiled 1150RS cams... to his GS/Rockster.

That's right Paul. I maybe could have worded my response a little better. I bought some R1150RS cams which were then profiled by Piper and fitted to my 1150 bitsa. Goes well, or at least it did when I last rode it a few years ago:)

That's right Paul. I maybe could have worded my response a little better. I bought some R1150RS cams which were then profiled by Piper and fitted to my 1150 bitsa. Goes well, or at least it did when I last rode it a few years ago:)

If it needs a good run out, let me know...;)

If it needs a good run out, let me know...;)

I'd like that a lot. The 1150 will feel like a rocketship compared to the clonker airhead that I've been riding:) It's currently being rebuilt in Scotland and due collection soon - I could always head home via Lancs:) Will drop you a line:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom