Cardo Freecom4+ -it just wont turn off...

ampthill

Reaction score
Had the latest firmware for the TFT on my GS1250 installed last week- 021_104_020. Hoped it might reduce the occassional disconnections I was previously getting between the phone and tft

However it seems to have introduced a new problem- I now can't turn off the Cardo Freecom4+ when the bike is switched on :nenau If I press the buttons combination to turn off the intercom it makes a few bleeps but will not turn off. However if I then I turn off the bike it will switch off :nenau Seems like the bike will not let go of the cardo connection to allow it to turn off for some reason. And it was not a problem before the firmware update.

And it can be useful to be able to turn on-off-on the intercom when riding as a reboot is sometimes required to get it to reconnect to another intercom.

Any thoughts?

I have had a similar problem with my Packtalk (just the once) when it stopped functioning and i needed to restart it but, my phone had it held on;
Turning the phone off released it and after a restart of both devices all was fine again.

I have had a similar problem with my Packtalk (just the once) when it stopped functioning and i needed to restart it but, my phone had it held on;
Turning the phone off released it and after a restart of both devices all was fine again.

Yes, I think something similar is happening here i.e. TFT screen is holding on to the bluetooth connection, for as you say the cardo goes back to working normally once the TFT has been switched off and turned back on again. It's just frustrating that to do that while riding the bike would potentially cause some issues... :)

Back
Top Bottom