Help with Mopedmap, please....and Myroutes.....

midlife crisis

Reaction score
...... I found a website called mopedmap, has anyone else used them?

I have uploaded a couple to basecamp and they come across as track so have changed them to routes, as with all there are odd parts which seem to go down a road for 400 metres and turns back, but as there are no waypoints it seems impossible to change it.

I also tried to download to myroutes but as no waypoints it wont upload, I have not used myroutes as could never get it to upload to my nav 6 but am going to have another go as so much easier than basecamp.

I would be very appreciative of some assistance.

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not uncommon when converting unknown bods' tracks into a route, to see the fellow vanishing up dark alleys and then turning around again.

There are two easy solutions, made easier still if you just grasp the nettle and use BaseCamp, which really is not that hard. The two are:

1. Trace over the track, missing out the numpty jaunts down dark alleys, to create a route.

2. Convert the track onto a route. Then pull it around (shape it, in other words) to miss out the numpty mistakes.

The third option is for you to share the track here and someone will do it for you, but that is up to you.

When doing either or all pf the above, you can add your hotel into the route, too.

I use that site frequently, a lot of their routes are pushbike and are not all road orientated, with reference to altering them, as above what wapping has said, or take a closer look at the route before downloading it to make sure its not off road in places.
With reference to myroutes have a look in the none Garmin software part of the forum.

It is not uncommon when converting unknown bods' tracks into a route, to see the fellow vanishing up dark alleys and then turning around again.

There are two easy solutions, made easier still if you just grasp the nettle and use BaseCamp, which really is not that hard. The two are:

1. Trace over the track, missing out the numpty jaunts down dark alleys, to create a route.

2. Convert the track onto a route. Then pull it around (shape it, in other words) to miss out the numpty mistakes.

The third option is for you to share the track here and someone will do it for you, but that is up to you.

When doing either or all pf the above, you can add your hotel into the route, too.

Thanks Wapping

I have to say that I can manage basecamp in the novice category

i will definitely have a go with your suggestion, can I ask what you mean by trace over the track, is that something you can do on basecamp

best wishes Graham

...I can manage basecamp in the novice category....can I ask what you mean by trace over the track, is that something you can do on basecamp

Yes you can, if you ask if you may, as my mother used to drill into me.

I assume that you can create a route that goes, A to B, to C to D, to F to G....? If so, simply do that, following the grey line of the track. Bingo! You are tracing. PS It sometimes helps if you change the colour of the track from grey, to something that stands out better.

How are you getting on, Graham?
Hi

I did a route using your approach and it worked I had to use many more waypoints as the route would veer of into the weirdest areas, one section i had to place waypoints about every 400 yards to keep it on track.

So now have a couple of routes which I hope will smoothly tho across to the nav 6

If not I will just ride as there are so m any great roads in the Eiffel.

I am also going to play with kurviger but remember when I downloaded to laptop and therefore basecamp it went to direct route and when changed to motorbike it changed from a round route to spikes out in all direction. Edit I checked the guidance in another post and realised that you have to transfer as a track

best wishes Graham

Good stuff.

If when you are tracing over, check the preference settings you have selected in BaseCamp. IFor example, if you have set a preference to 'Avoid narrow roads' and the Mopedmap track does indeed take you down some narrow roads, then Basecamp will do its level best to route you away from the narrow road. If it does, it means that you will have to force the route along, placing shaping points much more frequently than you might otherwise need to do.

Me? I turn all the preference settings off.

Transferring things from Krrviger into BaseCamp does work best as a track, I find.

Back
Top Bottom