Service

so what caused it then ? Do you know ?

I do believe its changed at the 600 mile running service too.

Nope not changed at 600 but changed at 1st annual then every two years after that according to my hand book. Waste of time im thinking but if its not done and something goes wrong with brakes then you buggered re warranty. But id lay odds they don’t touch it and just tell you its been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, bit worrying.
At each service I confirm with them, that the pads have been checked (as I always do) and that they will last until the next service.

Nope not changed at 600 but changed at 1st annual then every two years after that according to my hand book. Waste of time im thinking but if its not done and something goes wrong with brakes then you buggered re warranty. But id lay odds they don’t touch it and just tell you its been done.

Put a touch of paint on the bleed nipples, that way you'll know if the fluid has been changed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Put a touch of paint on the bleed nipples, that way you'll know if the fluid has been changed.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I was thinking that, maybe some copper grease into the bleed nipples and see if they are clear when bike picked up. Mark oil filter too

I do believe its changed at the 600 mile running service too.
Not true. My bike R1250gs 600 mile service today - oil, filter and cardan drive oil change - £163 Bowkers Motorrad Preston
Alan R

Not true. My bike R1250gs 600 mile service today - oil, filter and cardan drive oil change - £163 Bowkers Motorrad Preston
Alan R

Yes, as Delboy has already said.
Not sure why it thought that. Ill go stand in the corner.

Silly question guys but why is the brake fluid on a 12 month old bike getting changed, it’s normally 24 months?

I asked that question once, they said they change brake fluid at 12 months because they don't know how old the fluid was when the bike was built, it could of sat on a shelf for a while they said. Bollocks, it's just another way of extracting money !

I asked that question once, they said they change brake fluid at 12 months because they don't know how old the fluid was when the bike was built, it could of sat on a shelf for a while they said. Bollocks, it's just another way of extracting money !

Thats a load of old tosh that. They use bulk tanks in the factory and not one litre bottles

6K was £250 @ Banhstormers 2 weeks back incl brake fluid. Rear pads down 30%.

Had an hour on the new XR in shitty weather. Was impressive!

Why bother letting them do the service if you distrust them so much ? :nenau

Not a case of distrust, more a case of i need to get what im paying for. The only person i trust to do it is myself. But because of warranty i have to let stealer do it otherwise it would be me and i know id do it correctly.

That is interesting

Mainly because my Multistrada has some of that on just about every bolt on the bike and thats from factory

The ducati factory use something similar to show at a glance that things have been torqued and checked.

I use it for things like brake pad pins as it shows they remain in place and that they haven't been moved.

Not everyone likes motorbikes and it only takes one idiot.

Back
Top Bottom