R1100GS Hard Parts

I recently fitted the gearbox hardparts from DS in Spain. It was during the lockdown to be fair to them but the order took quite a while to arrive and communication from them was very limited but arrive they did in the end. The RHS part fitted straight out of the box but on the left hand side one of the holes didn't quite line up properly. I've read elsewhere the Touratech ones were the same. 10 mins with a file soon sorted it..

I have fitted two sets of hard parts, on two different 850/1100 gs, one set from Mickeyboy and another by touratek and at no point have I had to file to fit.

I have also fitted TT items and never had to "adjust" the fit?!, wouldn't that make that area a little sloppy in extreme off road conditions? which is what the parts are supposed to prevent?!

I have fitted two sets of hard parts, on two different 850/1100 gs, one set from Mickeyboy and another by touratek and at no point have I had to file to fit.

My TT ones fitted perfectly, no fettling needed. I agree they should be tight as. Had some trouble getting a refund from the Spanish lot when I had to send something back.

I have heard of "Hard parts" but since this is my first GS are there any other hard parts? I have a 1996 GS, Cheers

I got some of the DS Spanish hard parts last year for a '96 R1100GS and they fit fine, but the paint was a bit shoddy so I got them powder coated first. Delivery was really slow without lockdown.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I have heard of "Hard parts" but since this is my first GS are there any other hard parts? I have a 1996 GS, Cheers

There is a thing that goes on the Telelever to protect the lock stops. I don't know if they're really necessary - I've binned my bike plenty of times and not damaged anything other than the cylinder head guards and once bending the handlebar. You probably don't need the gearbox plates either unless you're planning to do a big trip with loads of gravel carrying all the gear. Not needed in Europe at all IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom