Mr Bean

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is what I have:

A) TFT
B) Schuberth SRC Pro
C) Nav VI
D) Samsung A10 phone

No matter what I do, when they're all connected the phone keeps dropping out after a few minutes. If I unpair the Nav VI it all remains fine.

I paired it in this order:

1) Headset to TFT
2) Headset to Nav VI
3) Phone to TFT
4) Phone to Nav VI

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

This question comes up all the time and the source of frustrations for many of us. I’ve tried for years with the Garmin but I find the software very difficult and it’s not intuitive at all.

For that reason I have now removed the Nav unit and replaced it with a Quadlock wireless charger. It also means you have one less screen distraction.
DJI_0130.jpg
DJI_0129.jpg
DJI_0131.jpg
DJI_0133.jpg
DJI_0132.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I have:

A) TFT
B) Schuberth SRC Pro
C) Nav VI
D) Samsung A10 phone

No matter what I do, when they're all connected the phone keeps dropping out after a few minutes. If I unpair the Nav VI it all remains fine.

I paired it in this order:

1) Headset to TFT
2) Headset to Nav VI
3) Phone to TFT
4) Phone to Nav VI

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

TIA

The headset may have two Bluetooth channels and will connect to tft and nav with one on each channel. But you need to pick which device you want your phone to connect to. Either nav or tft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They |(Sena) can only cope with a couple of BT connections after that they get confused despite what sena say

I have found that the best solution to this is ( on the ducati) forget the TFT part connect the phone direct to the sena and use Siri to make calls and then conect the second GPS pair function to the GPS

All works and works fine

if you go down the phone through the GPS or the TFT route ignore the sena instructions of doing phone to sena first and do the headset first

Thanks all.

I've done a factory reset/unpairing on all devices and re-connected again, including the wife's SRC.

If I understand things correctly everything is on a separate channel.

Part of the issue appears to be the fact that the Schuberth manual that covers the SRC Pro, does not match the 'quick start' guide.

Will have a re-think if it fails again.

Hi Mr Bean, there is FB site call BMW TFT connectivity most question are answered there also a link to a utube site which details how and why. If you bike has latest software and using Nav VI, IPhone I can confirm all seems to work well, hope that helps

Hi Mr Bean, there is FB site call BMW TFT connectivity most question are answered there also a link to a utube site which details how and why. If you bike has latest software and using Nav VI, IPhone I can confirm all seems to work well, hope that helps

Thanks for posting. I'll have a look.

I have a similar set up to you and pair them in the same order. Look into the bluetooth pairings on your phone for the TFT and Nav. For the TFT I have calls, media and contacts enabled, for the nav, media only to allow the garmin app to work. I have TFT, Nav 6, Cardo Packtalk Bolds and a 1 year old Sony android phone and mine works fine.

Went out today with the wife and no matter what I did the SRC's wouldn't connect - mine would connect to TFT.

Have factory reset all and reverting to non-TFT connections.

I find I have to wait until my headset has paired to the TFT before I ride off. If I don't, it will not pair. This takes around a minuite, so have got in to the habit of powering up the bike as soon I get along side it.

I find I have to wait until my headset has paired to the TFT before I ride off. If I don't, it will not pair. This takes around a minuite, so have got in to the habit of powering up the bike as soon I get along side it.

I do exactly the same with my system but then it works every-time.
(Iphone 7 / freecom 2+ / TFT.)

I have a similar set up to you and pair them in the same order. Look into the bluetooth pairings on your phone for the TFT and Nav. For the TFT I have calls, media and contacts enabled, for the nav, media only to allow the garmin app to work. I have TFT, Nav 6, Cardo Packtalk Bolds and a 1 year old Sony android phone and mine works fine.

Forgot to say, pillion is paired to my headset only, not the TFT.

My connections worked well TFT, iPhone 7, packtalk and Nav 6 until I changed my phone to the iPhone 11pro, now its Ferking shit.

I think my issues are related to the phone - a new one being delivered on Friday.

Hi all on FB there is a BMW connectivity page at the top a link to a U tube vid it’s 58 mins but well worth a watch explanation on every facet of TFT, Phone,NavVI etc
But have not seen mentioned on here TFT software, the latest version improves BT stability but dealers have to prove to BMW your bike had an issue otherwise they will not pay for the warranty work ( yes it’s shite just lie) Recently had this done with Sena SRL, IPhone, Nav VI using BMW connect app, Garmin app, I tunes on phone, stream radio etc all works reasonably well

I’ve connected my iPhone 6s to the TFT, Sena 10 U to the TFT, just have the Garmin as a visual guide, can’t do with it cutting in.
So I can select music/phone from the TFT via the wonder wheel, just need to put phone on max volume adjusting volume from the helmet comes or remote.
Works for me and no fuss or bother ��

Back
Top Bottom