Cerakote exhaust finish.

scooter paul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi-Spec coatings, Slinfold, nr Horsham, W.Sussex have just applied a Cerakote finish to my R80 exhaust system. Let’s see how it holds up but so far I’m liking the look.

Attachments

• EE6034BD-453B-4D79-877D-D11F9A912356.jpg
    EE6034BD-453B-4D79-877D-D11F9A912356.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 292
Looks great, is that on steel exhausts?, could it be applied to stainless pipes?

Looks good, and much cheaper than Zircotec.
I’ve been following your thread and whilst the place you used was do-able in terms of delivering the parts myself I found Hi-Spec coatings much nearer to me. I sent him a photo of the parts and he came back with a quote. For anyone else considering this type of finish it’s worth searching for Cerakote.

Looks good, and much cheaper than Zircotec.

Zircotec quoted me £45 for the X Country downpipe and £110 for the R80GS downpipes and balance pipe. I wonder if they go by what they thik you will / can pay? :green gri

I've done a fair few systems for folks on here, I base the cost on the paint (you should be able to do a BMW system with 4oz around 125g of paint) that bottle is about £50 plus postage and the balance is labour 1-2 prep at £40-50 per hour, then spray and store to cure... I would have gone is at slightly more... (plus vat if you want it on the books)

I've just got some test stuff in with McLarens for a project they've got on the go...

www.cerakote.london

Back
Top Bottom