helmets......again!!

I dream of buying a set of ear plugs that make riding a bike 'too quiet'. Pls do tell which earplugs you found too quiet (make / model and if custom where did you get fitted?). Thanks!

ultimate ears...not cheap, but I play music through them and they cut background noise out well enought to acheive a pretty good Hifi headphone type of quality of sound
NB If you ride up to tops of mountain passes, stop for a coffee and then p[ut them back in afterwards and ride down again, you are able to experience what 100% deafness is like!

Have a set of Ultimate Ears in my collection and am surprised when folks dismiss ear plugs as being too quiet ~ REALLY? Hadn't considered playing music to drown out bkgnd noise, i assumed it would merely add to the hearing 'load' on the ears. God knows how deaf folks tolerate tinnitus.

Nope, “too quiet” makes no sense to me. My Ultimate Ears have saved me a fortune ... I keep lusting after Akrapovic exhausts for my GS until I remember that I wouldn’t be able to hear it anyway

I don't know if I wouldn't have trouble with earplugs. Because even the "normal" headphones always fall out of my ears. I seem to have a strange shape to my ears...

thanks for your reply,I am over 6'1" well over in fact and i've done 11000 miles since getting the bike from new before the 1250 I had a 1200 gsa and before that a 1200 gs . please dont think you're patronising me as I did'nt take it as such,oh and yes I do know how to put earplugs in but thanks for the instructions as they may help others.I have since fitted one of the wind deflectors to the top of the screen and am currently experimenting with it,already there is a big improvment.Regards Pete.

FWIW I had a 1200 GSA TC before my current 1250GSA and the newer bike is just so much noisier to ride. When the GSA went water cooled is became a lot noisier. They just seem to scoop up all the road noise. Tyres can make a difference but ultimately it’s just a noisier and more draftier bike to ride. Also with all the extra air flow onto your body in cold weather it’s colder than my old GSA and when raining I get wetter than when on my previous GSA. But it is cooler when the weather is hot.
Noise is not a problem when wearing ear plugs but periodically I have issues with my ears and can’t wear them as it’s too painful. I’ve got really narrow ear canals that don’t suit custom made ones.
Due to these issues sometimes I miss my old bike.
Cheers.

I have only ever ridden with an Arai helmet ... standard sort of spongy earplugs... never had an issue. Arai are just fab.:thumby:

I know this has been done to death,and I'm sorry but I'm at the end of my tether and thinking of giving up riding !! I currently wear a shuberth c3 pro and its absolutely deafening,I've had Shark I've had AGV, I wear ear plugs when riding but the noise is getting unbearable,I think I must have a funny shaped head, I ride a 1250 GSA, has anyone got any ideas ?? Regards Pete.

I would say look elsewhere than the helmet, by all the review, all the testing systems out there the C3 pro is one of if not the quietest helmet you can buy.
I use a shark and its one of the noisiest, yet with plugs or headphones in I find it quiet enough for 70+ with the chin bar up, the C3 is way way more quiet than the shark, dont suit my head shape and I find it very claustrophobic, but it is impressively quiet

Neotec 2 - Brilliant and much quieter than Neotec 1. Quietest I think I've had is the GT-Air but these days I sacrifice safety for the advantages of a flip-up helmet.

Plugs - essential. I got mine from Audiofit:

enqs@audiofit.co.uk Speak to Nigel. Worth getting 2 sets.

http://www.audiofit.co.uk/custom-made-earplugs-for-motorcyclists.html

SPECSAVERS £25 for custom injected molds that you post to Nigel. Couldn't be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The little chin vent on the front of the Schuberth sounds like a wind tunnel when open. It is shockingly bad and I guess noise tests at the lab are done with it shut.

Back
Top Bottom