Colours for 2021.

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anybody have a theory as to whether BMW will release new colours in late 2020 for the R1250GS. Saw a few things on YouTube about a possible Bumblebee Paint scheme for the 40th Anniversary.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody have a theory as to whether BMW will release new colours in late 2020 for the R1250GS. Saw a few things on YouTube about a possible Bumblebee Paint scheme for the 40th Anniversary.

Any thoughts?

Anything but brown , pale blue or beige .
Black , black and more black . No white bikes :green gri

IIRC, they normally preview the new colours in August.

IIRC, they normally preview the new colours in August.

Thanks. A proper answer. Hope you are enjoying the 1260. My brother still talks about his test ride on one.

Who is doing a decent variety of colours anyway? Triumph - red, white, back and khaki, Yamaha blue, white and black, KTM orange, white or a bit of black, Moto Guzzi McDonalds, grey, dark red, Ducati red, silver white, Kawasaki green, black white etc etc. No-one is being imaginative because the whole market has become very plain and conservative. Maybe because the funky colours didn’t sell, maybe because they got nicked much more often. Who knows?

Who is doing a decent variety of colours anyway? Triumph - red, white, back and khaki, Yamaha blue, white and black, KTM orange, white or a bit of black, Moto Guzzi McDonalds, grey, dark red, Ducati red, silver white, Kawasaki green, black white etc etc. No-one is being imaginative because the whole market has become very plain and conservative. Maybe because the funky colours didn’t sell, maybe because they got nicked much more often. Who knows?

Quite like this

f44bb3d0c514e4bea68ab8348f61263d.jpg

They seem nowadays to list colours like matt hearing aid beige or a fetching shades of metallic dog cack as the standard colour scheme but will always offer a half decent jazzy paint scheme for the more discerning customers with a larger wallet

From BMW Motorrad Facebook page

BMW Motorrad plans to go live.
Join us here on July 16th and celebrate 40 years of legendary and exciting adventures with us! �� #MakeLifeARide #SpiritOfGS
16 JULY AT 16:30
#40YearsGS

The Germans have always had a bit of a penchant for rather horrid metallic browns , beiges and gold paint schemes for their home market cars

If you can keep it as a secret, I heard from somebody that knows a person who perhaps works for BMW that the 2021 paint scheme will be a tribute to the 1983 BMW K1. Expect red with yellow stripes and blue with orange!

From BMW Motorrad Facebook page

BMW Motorrad plans to go live.
Join us here on July 16th and celebrate 40 years of legendary and exciting adventures with us! �� #MakeLifeARide #SpiritOfGS
16 JULY AT 16:30
#40YearsGS

Thanks for that. Could be interesting.

Back
Top Bottom