Screamin' Eagle Stages ?

One other little thing....? If you have dealer installed Screaming Eagle parts, am I correct in thinking the warranty is not affected? That can be important when you start messing with Harley motors........:D.

Attachments

• 028E6B8A-9EFE-40F6-B88F-55242A251813.jpeg
    028E6B8A-9EFE-40F6-B88F-55242A251813.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 84
Don’t forget to add 25% Donald tax to your VAT, Duty and transport........

Where are you getting your prices from? Yo appreciate that the motor is only part of the cost right?

Prices from Harley USA, forgot the Donald tax so another grand.

Not sure what other costs are involved other than a Dynojet tune (which you’d have to do whichever way you do it) to get it running at its best.

My warranty ain’t worth piss anyway, brake discs are pitted (not under warranty), and I have a FP3 installed which HD sold me, but effectively nullifies the warranty. Personally I’ll be looking after it myself, the bikes a keeper and having seen them service my bike and under fill the gearbox, I’m more than happy to deal with any issues myself.

A BMW warranty it is not!

Most I’ll do to mine is throw a cam in it, doesn’t really need anything more than that imho, and I won’t be using a Harley cam, so again, warranty is null and void.

Prices from Harley USA, forgot the Donald tax so another grand.

Not sure what other costs are involved other than a Dynojet tune (which you’d have to do whichever way you do it) to get it running at its best.

My warranty ain’t worth piss anyway, brake discs are pitted (not under warranty), and I have a FP3 installed which HD sold me, but effectively nullifies the warranty. Personally I’ll be looking after it myself, the bikes a keeper and having seen them service my bike and under fill the gearbox, I’m more than happy to deal with any issues myself.

A BMW warranty it is not!

Most I’ll do to mine is throw a cam in it, doesn’t really need anything more than that imho, and I won’t be using a Harley cam, so again, warranty is null and void.

It would appear that UK Harley dealers do not have access to SE tuners of any description and haven't for a couple of years. Most appear to offer the Czech

Diag 4 tuners now but again, most offered the FP3 in the past and unless the tuner was directly attributable to an engine or power train failure HDUK would

and do honour warranty claims. All the HD service people I have spoken to say it is a grey area but it is very very rare that any tuner will cause any damage.

A tech from Sycamore told me today that in reality folks running non standard pipes and air intakes (including SE) and NOT having the tune are running the

risk of running an already lean running engine even hotter and so would prefer to see a tuner having been used properly than not at all.

I ordered a SE ventilator this morning only to discover from the helpful folks on the HDRCGB site that the stock air cleaner kit is identical (even down to the

part numbers) apart from the SE one has a K&N filter in it.........so that will be going back for a refund. (Note to self......stop being so impetuous :blast)

Slow down.....

Ride it this summer do short trips....do some longer ones...

Leave at sunrise come home at sunset...

Work out what you do not like

Fix it this winter

Mines on 7500 miles now......all
I need is a rear tyre and possibly a front in another 1000 or so :D

Just being a misery for a minute, IIRC, unless I've missed something, any potential upgrade is going on a Softail Heritage Classic.

Aren't there limits of which kit can go on which bike? I thought that the stage IV & 131 motors could only go on the touring models, not the Softails

Just being a misery for a minute, IIRC, unless I've missed something, any potential upgrade is going on a Softail Heritage Classic.

Aren't there limits of which kit can go on which bike? I thought that the stage IV & 131 motors could only go on the touring models, not the Softails

You might be correct on the crate motor. Last time I bought a crate motor (pre-M8) they came in A or B spec , I don’t know (don’t care:D) whether the M8 is the same.....but.... they also refer to the Heritage as a “touring bike” in the modern range.
The stage iv is a top end only conversion so , universal...

A lot of the blurb on the 131 M8 crate engine refer to it's incorporation into a Touring model so you may well be right. I have taken Doris's advice and scaled back my screamin' eagle aspirations.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom