XR 2020 recall

vincentrapide

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Good morning all.
After waiting six months for my S1000XR it has finally arrived at my dealer. However, I cannot collect the bike until some recall work, for which they don’t have the parts is completed. Lind are vague as to the details of the recall.
Anybody else affected?
Cheers

You really couldn’t make this shit up . Sorry to hear that . Somewhat dampens the excitement when you spend £18k on a new steed that BMW is still developing !!

I wonder what the recall is for. :nenau

This seems to be standard practice for BMW nowadays. :blast

There was the flashing brake light recall in the US which affected a whole range of bikes, the oil cooler leak on the RR, but I can't find anything for the UK XR models currently.

Could be BS or Covid delivery delays - best phone UKCS if you have concerns.

[QUOTE=vincentrapide;5762243.
The dealer now says” the recall is to replace the axel (Sic) chain guide bolt. This is the bolt we are waiting to be delivered from Germany”. Not very reassuring is it?

The dealer now says” the recall is to replace the axel (Sic) chain guide bolt. This is the bolt we are waiting to be delivered from Germany”. Not very reassuring is it?

Bloody hell. :blast

Recall? What recall??
d0de19627411e1d302a8615de1fd2f37.jpg

Picked up mine today...had a lovely 50 mile run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My lads 19 plate just came back from service and they have been into the transmission for some reason, because there is a new gasket fitted. They would inly say it was a transmission check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dellboy. For me it’s rapidly approaching “cut nose off to spite face” time. If they gave me the material spec and drawing of this magic bolt I’d get one myself. Who’d have thought it takes seven days plus to post one from Berlin.

Well, the carrier pigeon has arrived with the bolt, I should collect the bike on Saturday morning. Good effort by Lind, crap performance by BMW.

Make sure that you get the old bolt so that you can mount it on a plinth complete with plaque to remind you of the wait for your new bike.

If there is no recall it's probably that the tea boy doing the PDI turned something the wrong way and stripped the thread.

PDI

I was told by the dealer yesterday, new bikes now arrive having had the PDI done ! I suppose they cant get the blame now :blast.......with miles between zero and 10 mles.....my new one has 6 miles on.....

Shinyface :blagblah

Back
Top Bottom