Oil change - not

Slipperyeel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Need some thoughts. Got a first on my hands.

Just come to change the oil. Been out for a spin. Left the bike 20min so I could get into it. Bash plate off, unscrewed filler cap, removed oil filter with the drain pan underneath.

Apart from the usual oil flowing out over filter as I unscrewed it, nothing else has come out??!! I can still see about 5mm in the sight glass! See pic below.

I've tried turning over the motor by hand in case it was just in some weird point in its cycle (not that I think there should be any of those!!).

Need some ideas!!20200713_151703.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Oh dear:blast, lockdown drinking and a senior moment combination?😂

Al.

Buckle-up, you're in for a bit of serious piss taking :D
You're not kidding

Job done. But I had to keep stopping. Too hard while laughing out loud at myself

Lockdown and age getting the better of me

Oh ffs, I'd unsubscribe from this thread now if I was you

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
I did think about that. But I'm having such a laugh myself, seems a bit unfair not to share it

Don’t forget to fill it back up all the way to the top of the filler cap.....quirk of the bike :thumb

Don’t forget to fill it back up all the way to the top of the filler cap.....quirk of the bike :thumb
Yea. I ran out. Just back after buying some more. You fill it up to threads I think?

Just drop those tools and step away from that bike, and call a mechanic, and no, we all haven't had those moments :D

Yea. I ran out. Just back after buying some more. You fill it up to threads I think?

On the Hex don`t you fill to just overflow, then quickly screw down before anymore gets out??

You are not alone!

Back
Top Bottom