X Challenge - Laminar Lip

ikkje

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had this Laminar Lip on an old GSPD and never thought of trying it out on another bike. As the Isotto screen on my XC creates a right ruckus of turbulence I thought I'd try it on that and ...... pretty good results and way less buffeting. Plus if you wanted to ride off road, is simply pulled off and stored on the back of the bike. Other photos? Gratuitous one of where I went to try it out and a new (second hand) set of PivotPegz. I've used these before and like them, but hard and expensive to get hold of for an X Challenge. These were from fleabay and more than I wanted to pay, but they've cleaned up nicely and work well. Can't understand why someone would put things like this up for sale when they are all crudded up. Hopefully the photo's will load as I've a track record for being crap at posting them on UK GSER!

As the Isotto screen on my XC creates a right ruckus of turbulence
Hi Ikkje,

Would you mind letting us know how tall you are?

I'm looking at screens as part of my XCh refurb and the Isotta is an option.

Your XCh looks great by the way :thumb2

Kind regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

I'm a pretty bog standard 5 foot 10. The Isotta screen is great and pretty good value all things considered, and its absolutely fine for pottering around lanes etc, but on a long haul on the motorway down to Wales, it was tedious to say the least. Had originally included the Laminar Lip in with the sale of GSPD, but I've changed my mind now :) All the best with your refurb. Mark

Thanks John and I haven't forgotten, its just that the Hyperpro springs and seals are sitting on the garage floor amongst mess and mayhem! Will let you know when I'm sorted and have dropped out the forks.

As for looking good? Not a patch on yours John!

The way I've positioned the LL gives an extra 9cm of screen height over the Isotta and even more importantly and not so clear from the pictures, it has a bowed section in the middle which allows airflow up and under the lip to reduce buffeting. No where near as good as a Givi Airflow, but no where near as ugly or intrusive

Hi Ian,

I'm a pretty bog standard 5 foot 10. The Isotta screen is great and pretty good value all things considered, and its absolutely fine for pottering around lanes etc, but on a long haul on the motorway down to Wales, it was tedious to say the least. Had originally included the Laminar Lip in with the sale of GSPD, but I've changed my mind now :) All the best with your refurb. Mark

Thanks Mark.

Yes its well sorted and I blame it all on John! Seriously though, John has been a huge help and as others will no doubt attest, a font of knowledge - so ta Mr Nicholson!

Yep here here, John has helped me to on numerous occasions trying to sort out my xc, a great big thank you as well .

Back
Top Bottom