Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expedition Persia and Middle-East pt III, in full colour

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Post Expedition Persia and Middle-East pt III, in full colour

Salam again fellow GSers!

Another special set only for UKGSer.

After posting the digitals and the b&w's will do the last photographic journey into Persia in full of colours...

The istanbulian police use proper bikes.

Mount Ararat, Turkey. Meeting Paul from Norway on the way to China on R1200GS, he had all the video equipment installed on the bike. He just had been in kurdish wedding and doing interviews with ethnic minority and different people doing a documentary film. Now doing interview with us.

Bridge in Shiraz. Popular place in city where young muslim people meet till getting marryed.

On the way to Caspian sea through Elborz.

Perfect GSing roads in Zagros.

The holy mount for Iranian native faithers - the Zoroastrians. They bring their dead bodyes to this mountain to be eaten by the birds because they believe if you bury the body, you contaminate the Earth, if you burn the body, you contaminate the air. The body goes up the mountain with a watcher, that sees which eye the first bird eats out, then it's decided if he/she goes into heaven or hell...

Going up to this mountain.

And view from there to Yazd city, where most of zoroastrians are collected all over the Persia. Once the zoroastrianism was dominant faith in Iran, but after the strong Islam got in they're very bad shape - less than 100 000 zoroastrians are left all over the world, most of them in Yazd area.

Zoroastrians building left from their golden times...

GSing around Zagros

Wind towers in Yazd - the wind circulating down from towers to water well to cool the water.

Typical cars in Yazd

On the labyrinth streets of Yazd.

All made from clay.

Facinating mosque 90km from Esfahan.

The detailness of arabic building culture is breathtaking.

Met truck driver's family on the road. Iranian people are so much interested communicate with us, knowing no word of english, but we understood each other almost perfectly.

In the nomadic wedding on desert side.

The fighting guys.

Women got out of their tent, it's almost impossible to take a pic from muslim women. They refused every attemt. Sure the colour of women's clothes was stunning...

And what i like the most was the live nomadic music.

The ritual dance.

Gave my camera to Kariina to shot some pic in women's tent, even she had lot of problem there, but luckily got one deal.

On the way from nomadic wedding in middle of nowhere on desert side back to civilization on pistes.

Palms everywhere.

Iranians doing ancient more than 1000 years old sports. There's a special builings for it, they got live music based fully on drums to train along. It was stunning experience for us to see and hear it.

On the main Imam square of Esfahan on night time, proper time to cool down from city heat and wake up.

In carpet shop.

And parked my bike to another, friend's carpet shop for a night. Just 10 metres away from Imam mosque.

On the way to Persepolis

Persepolis...

Pasargrad.

GSing around pistes on kurds area near to Iraq border.

Back in Turkey, Lake Van.

Enduroing around Cappadocia, original scenery.

In the mountains in East-Turkey.

Blue mosque in Istanbul.

Inside.

The stunning detail...

Hope you like them. The pics will go down soon though, because i'm out of money after the crash and can't pay for my .Mac server anymore. Hopefully i'll find some other solution for them anytime soon.

Cheers, and your's faithfully,

don tsiklonaut @ the mystical zero g spot in Zagros mountains

Marcus,

Your photos are superb! The digital 'snaps', the b+w, the infra-red, the colour, all of them. Are you going to get them published? The quality of them deserves a wider audiance than us grubby lot! Perhaps an approach to a publication such as National Geographic would be in order?

Take care, and heel quickly!

Nice but unfortunate husband.
    Absolutely stunning pictures yet again Margus. We are all fast running out of superlatives to describe this astounding work.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Aidan
    There are two opinions of the GS. There are those who have ridden one who think its fantastic and there are those who haven't who know its crap.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Great Pics... as ever

Wonderful pics

Drink Real Ale and Save the Planet

Bloody students bumming around Persia and the Middle East all Summer.

Some of us have got to work you know.

Go out and get a job instead of messing around with dirty big bikes taking photos.

As a photographer.

Margus, superb

G C
    Raising a teenager is like trying to nail a piece of jelly to the wall.

Click on this pint.... ....to go to the pub.

Fantastic pics mate and well done! This is inspiring stuff and if it does not make you wanna get on your bike and go then nothing will
    Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word bsquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this thread, however, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have read this thread in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes. Whisk briefly and let it stand for 2 hours before icing.

GS pervert Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Red face

G C,

we've worked almost full 1 year aside school and lot of sleepless nights to get this expedition running. We did, but failed in the end too badly - the crash...

As for working on photography, gotta think about it, but usually as you know i'm not selfish high-ego photographer as many money-earning ones out there are, keeping all to itself and only showing via publisher with lotsa £££ input. Some things have to be close to heart and not for the money. Well, at least if doing it on motorcycle travelling. Other thing is that i work on alternative photography, especially when working on b&w - it's a very uncommon thing, and it has no output in commercial market especially in relatively tastless Estonia.

Cheers, Margus@badly wants to get back to ing but here you gotta work on regular non-artistic ways you know...

stunning photograph,s as usual margus if you ever put together a book of your picture,s, and you should ! i will be one of the first to buy it . as someone suggested earlier, many motorcycle magazines and others are always on the lookout for interesting feature,s and photograph,s you should send some of them a few pic,s and detail,s of your travel,s . good luck

Vleis
    Amazing pics Margus

Makes me think what am I doing sitting in the office!!!

Cheers

Fantastic - thanks for sharing

Margus, my post was tongue, firmly in cheek. I’m jealous. (Scottish humour if you like)
    I really enjoy you're photographs and I am sure that you work hard to make the trips and finance the photography.

we've worked almost full 1 year aside school and lot of sleepless nights to get this expedition running. We did, but failed in the end too badly - the crash.
    You did not fail, please do not think that. The trip did not finish the way that was planned, that’s all.

Keep faith Margus, things have a way of working themselves out.

Sincerely
    G C
    Raising a teenager is like trying to nail a piece of jelly to the wall.

Click on this pint.... ....to go to the pub.

Brilliant!

As many have said, the photos are stunning and very inspiring. I love the front on shot of the GS with the two helmets. This should be the first shot in your 2006 Calendar - put me down for one! The Mosques are truly beautiful.

Thanks for sharing these with us - they are truly inspiring. My wife visited Tallin with her Aunt this summer and loved the place and the people. She said I should go someday - I said I'd go on the bike!

To repeat what others have said - this trip was not a failure, the trip was a complete success. You have brought a distant place much closer. The crash was a very unpleasant end: not your fault and not a failure. Just a case of "Shit happens sometimes" - and anyway, you're both OK (and have a fan club!).

Keep us posted,

Psyko
    "The mistake one makes is talking to people"

Deleted account W
    I like this............

I don't know why though. Perhaps it's the sign behind the bike, the smile of the guy in the shop or the juxtaposition of a modern machine in timelessly old shop.

Whatever, it's very good. Thanks

MArgus - I do hope your Kiev camera was not damaged in the crash as it has produced so many wonderful and inspiring shots. I have finally got some film to use in the Kiev my friend bought just before his untimmely death and will hopefully put it into pracrice soon.

Speedy recovery

AndyT
    Norton Commando Elec Start 1976
    BMW R100GS PD 1993
    Triumph Bonneville T120 2018
    Triumph 900 Scrambler 2014
    Yamaha Delight 115 Scooter 2013
    Vespa GTS300 2017
    Yamaha XMax 400 2014
    Honda X-ADV150 2020
    Vespa GTS300 July 2020
    Triumph 1200 Scrambler XC 2020