F650 Strada Twin Spark 1997 Engine number location???

RPMDAKAR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above, I need to locate the engine number on this Rotax Twin spark motor, looked in the obvious places to no avail, I have a part number stamped into the flat behind the gear stick bottom LHS Crankcase with a date stamp of '96, where the Haynes manual says it should be, but the GS Dakars also use that location. Read on a thread it should be on the back of the motor facing the rear wheel, but thats not obvious, any help gratefully received as I need this to register in the UK. HELP!!!!!!

Attachments

• Part Number.jpg
    Part Number.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 81
Found it!

After extensive research and a lot of dismantling a recently assembled machine I have it! Why anyone, with half an amoeba for a brain cell, would scratch an important security feature on a Motorcycle in magnesium alloy crankcases then squirt a micron of "paint" at a location thats difficult to access and gets shot blasted and pressure washed by the throw off from the rear tyre, subsequently promoting the dreaded corrosion these motors are renowned for, is beyond my belief. The number is "stamped" across the boss at the rear of the motor above the where the swingarm bolt passes through the motor.

Attachments

• Strada Engine Number 1.jpg
    Strada Engine Number 1.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Strada E Number Cropped 1.jpg
    Strada E Number Cropped 1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 81

Back
Top Bottom