Acerbis/HPN 43lt. tank...

Steve R

Reaction score
I've searched the forum for info on the Acerbis/HPN 43lt. tank for GSs. It wasn't an intensive or conclusive search but I tried until I was really, really bored.

What I want to know is, which is the one that can be painted? Is it the early Acerbis one or the later HPN one? Is it the polypropylene one to the nylon one? Have I got those materials wrong? Is there a composite one? Or is that the nylon one if it's made with short-strand glass-filled nylon?

And if anyone knows where to get them that would help. Or I'm happy to pay a good price for a second-hand paintable one.

Steve.

https://www.hpn.de/english/zubehoer.html

HPN.de

43 liter fuel-tank

HPN-43 liter tank with german TÜV-certificate for BMW G/S, R80GS, R100GS or GS Basic. Perfect in form and quality. Available in polyethylen (white or black) or in nylon, paintable (article nr. 201 ff).

Yes,the nylon one is the one that can be painted, although the fuel fumes will eventually blister the paint after 10 years or so. I've got both versions so speak from some experience - it's a chance to re-do the paint job if nothing else! And as far as I know they were all made by Acerbis

I think that the pricelist on the HPN site linked above is a bit out of date through, but it's always worth calling them (I've never had a response to an email to HPN) to ask.

Graham

My Acerbis tank was painted when I bought the 'bike, R100GS. I re-painted it later.
During >10 years of ownership one small paint bubble appeared.

Back
Top Bottom