Horn upgrade

Tight but doable without removing any bodywork.

I think I used the original bracket but had to move it slightly

If you're in my area call in for a look and a brew

Mike
Many thanks Mike..

I'm not that far away from you (Huddersfield)
So may take you up on that if I have any issues - so thanks again.
Have you any pics of your installation?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've just upgraded the standard horn with the 7159421 from an E91. It's a hell of a lot louder and deeper in tone. Took me 5 minutes and no panels needed to be removed. A great improvement for a tenner in my case.
Thanks to the OP for the suggestion.

I've done the same on my 2017 R9T UGS. Bit fiddly with where it was mounted but went in eventually and is vastly louder with a less squeaky tone.

I originally decided to do this Mod because although its rare for me to use the horn, when I do use it its because I bloody mean it!
So in those rare events I dont want a feeble "Meeep Meeep" sound !

Whichever horn you guys go for, it can only be better than the standard Horn..

I am going to upgrade my cars horn next (Old Citroen Xsara Picasso) as that has a pathetic horn !

Many thanks Mike..

I'm not that far away from you (Huddersfield)
So may take you up on that if I have any issues - so thanks again.
Have you any pics of your installation?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry no installation photos

Mike

Hay mate,

I just fitted a 5 Series (part no 7159421)low tone horn to both my 2015 RT and GSA! Yes plug and play and direct swop on both! Just need to bend th bracket about 2-5mm to allow the bigger unit!

Load as feck! £7 on eBay each

Cheapest mod ever! FACT

Hi there, I purchased the same 5 series horn a week or two back and haven't got round to fitting it yet. Did you have to ntake a lot of the Tupperware off to fit it? Tip's, trick' advice appreciated.

Stay safe and well,

Tony

Hi there, I purchased the same 5 series horn a week or two back and haven't got round to fitting it yet. Did you have to ntake a lot of the Tupperware off to fit it? Tip's, trick' advice appreciated.

Stay safe and well,

Tony

No - it went straight on without any issues.

The 2005 RT had 2 horns. F....loud.

Was going to fit Nautilus off Adventure onto new 1250RT and thought best to test RT horn first in Garage. Let's just say didn't bother changing it.

Seems they have gone back to a proper horn.

Back
Top Bottom