3 month insurance recommendation?

Jayjayuno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I only wish to insure my GS700 for 3 months this year, rest of the time it’s in locked garage.
Any insurance companies better than others for this? TIA

No.

My bike costs £100 for a year, full comp. Even if it is not being used I can't see any point not buying annual cover as this protects against fire, theft and accidental damage if you drop a ladder on it.

If your premium is a lot higher then you must have a much higher theft risk which make me even more inclined to insure for 12 months.

As with any personal insurance, what suits one bod will very possibly not suit another. If in doubt over this, look at all the various replies, moans ( sometimes, exclamations of oundounded joy and satisfaction) in this section alone.

I buy my Motor insurance through Hiscox, because it suits me to do so. They are first class when it comes to removing the compulsory 'road risk' element from the cover and restricting it to basically fire / theft / accidental damage and then switching it back again when I need to. For example, I have a 360 Ferrari Spider, which sits in storage through the winter, basically November tho' to April. I remove the cover / SORN the vehicle for the five month period. Hiscox return me premium for the five months and I pay an additional premium for the seven months. It is as simple as that. I do the same thing with them for my motorhome and (when I owned them) three other motorbikes.

Whether Hiscox will be any good for you, I have no idea. Call them and ask.

PS If like Wessie, if your premium is something like 30p a day, I wouldn't even bother.

Back
Top Bottom