A north to south and back north again route suggestion

Wapping

Reaction score
Germany, though lacking in much of the Alps that are the virtual preserve of the Austrians, Italians and even the French, is a great place to go touring. The hotels are plentiful, generally of a decent quality, it’s not too expensive outside of the big cities and bods on motorcycles are welcome just about anywhere. Not least, the western and middle portions of the big country are really not that far away.

In the hope of encouraging at least some punters to try sometimes a bit different to the well trodden paths to the Black Forest, the Eifel and Harz, here’s an idea from Motorrad und Reisen magazine, edition 4, April 2020. 2,000 km in all, so call that 1,250 miles plus whatever to get there and back.

9c1f7d0a227a64d86d0e2e830e6e307a.png

f0e64f4095f8969dcf4dda32fb7cb1ef.png

You can download the route for free from the magazine’s website.

https://www.motorradundreisen.de/

You may need to log in, I can’t remember. If you do, it’s easy enough to register. I don’t speak German but it’s a straightforward guess what they probably need you to do to get it set up. Tap around, you can’t break it. Want to read (if you can) the magazine or just look at the pictures (I do) then get it for free from Readly.

Back
Top Bottom