What comms system

Interesting - others say Sena is rubbish and Cardo is best (I have 2 Sena units, never used a Cardo) :jager

I havent read the other responses, but you should try the Sena. Any Sena.

Night and day to other systems, in terms of clarity, distance and battery.

I have a twin set 20 series built in on the latest Shoei Neotec2 helmets we have. The helmet/comms combo is beyond reproach for touring purposes. Cant think of Anything beating it. But its quite dear.

Like I said everyone has an opinion about comms. read reviews, my personal experience with Sena was it was shite. I had a 20s which failed twice, sent it back and got my money back and bought a Cardo Packtalk, which as been outstanding, with the JBL speaker upgrade it's brilliant and clear, even with moulded ear plugs. I even fitted my Packtalk to a new Neotec 2 in preference to the Sena fitted comms, again read reviews and make your own mind up :)

Hello,

I´m using a Sena SMH5-FM (DualPack) since I switched from cable to BT, and it´s satisfying me.
But it must be determined, every rider has other desires.
The BMW-Audiosystem denies 100% cooperation with third-partie-Headsets, like support of the magic wheel or connection to second helmet (respectively second headset).
(Most time riding alone, and on my other bikes there is no such wheel. :nenau)
To me the benefit of change the operating unit (of the Headset) between different helmets in seconds prevails.
Therefore first clear your needs, then choose or try out.

In Germany several riders use "blue bike" and "blue twin" devices, apparently a "high end"-device, 100% compatibility to BMW-Audiosystem promised.
But very expensive, no self-mounting possible.
Not my case at all...

Gruss Frankie

Yes, everyone has a different opinion. I dumped Sena after 4 warranty claims. I’ve now got a Cardo Freecom 4 as I don’t need a mesh system and it works.
They should tell you what they don’t do on the box as well as what they do do, do....

I'm using a cardo palcktalk bold and I've very clear compared to others I've used, but I've not tried the BMW ones TBH. I've just bought a Neotec 2, and although I know it wont take the clip mount for the unit, I'll use the sticky pad as I'm determined to keep it.

I'm using a cardo palcktalk bold and I've very clear compared to others I've used, but I've not tried the BMW ones TBH. I've just bought a Neotec 2, and although I know it wont take the clip mount for the unit, I'll use the sticky pad as I'm determined to keep it.

I fitted two mounts to two Neotec 2s, they are fine and the install is really easy, you can hide some of the cables in the little compartment at the rear and the cover fits back over them.

I fitted two mounts to two Neotec 2s, they are fine and the install is really easy, you can hide some of the cables in the little compartment at the rear and the cover fits back over them.
Casbar I've been looking at a Neotec 2 but was told a pactalk couldn't be fitted. Any chance you could share how you fitted yours. Any pics would be useful. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Casbar I've been looking at a Neotec 2 but was told a pactalk couldn't be fitted. Any chance you could share how you fitted yours. Any pics would be useful. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sure want to pm me with your email and I'll take some. But its not difficult at all, I even fitted the JBL 45mm speakers, they slot straight in.

Not much to see really, have used the compartment at the rear to hide the speaker connectors.

Attachments

• IMG_2701.jpg
    IMG_2701.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2700.jpg
    IMG_2700.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 120

Back
Top Bottom