HEATING BEARINGS

I am just waiting for the wife to go to the shopsto give this a try :green gri:green gri:green gri

Useful to know.....and probably a good excuse to buy a 2nd micro from Aldi to keep in the workshop :thumb (also useful for heating up cold cups of tea/coffee that SWMBO brought out for you while you had your hands full of bits of bike and then forgot about!)

Get and old sandwich toaster just for the garage, much cheaper (I paid £2 at a boot fair) and much more useful because you can also heat gearbox end covers.

I like the method,

but i think Steppers has the perfect solution -

you dont do toasted cheesys in the microwave ;)

It’s not unknown for me to put the lid on the gas bbq and heat things in that if the wife is at home and guarding the oven because the knows I’ve got bearings to fit :D

Life was so much easier when I had access to a decent induction heater.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LVODJm05plw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am just waiting for the wife to go to the shopsto give this a try :green gri:green gri:green gri

Metal in a Microwave...Jesus wan't to set fire to the kitchen...go ahead! Microwaves accelerate water molecules or hands when you wave them in front of Microwave transmitters, don't try that at home kids! The army teaches you bad habits.

Well that’s just as if by chance that I have come across this thread. I am in the process of replacing both bearing in be of my 3 phase 5.5kw Electric motor from an extractor unit. The extractor unit, despite being rated for external use, has had some water ingress not the top bearing, thus making it extremely dry and noisy. I haven’t got a microwave of my own, but lads across the yard do. I am due to buy a paid of bearings tomorrow. Shaft will go in the fridge, whilst bearings into the microwave, should have tuning motor by the end of tomorrow.

Thank you for posting it @DrFarkoff

At work years back, we had a deep fat fryer for doing bearings.

Can’t remember what oil we had in it, but it wasn’t Spry.

Well that’s just as if by chance that I have come across this thread. I am in the process of replacing both bearing in be of my 3 phase 5.5kw Electric motor from an extractor unit. The extractor unit, despite being rated for external use, has had some water ingress not the top bearing, thus making it extremely dry and noisy. I haven’t got a microwave of my own, but lads across the yard do. I am due to buy a paid of bearings tomorrow. Shaft will go in the fridge, whilst bearings into the microwave, should have tuning motor by the end of tomorrow.

Thank you for posting it @DrFarkoff
Bloody spelling is awful, all thank to a predictive text and my fat fingers.

There are workshop induction heaters specifically for this sort of job.
You may be able to hire or buy one.
tom

There are workshop induction heaters specifically for this sort of job.
You may be able to hire or buy one.
tom
For once In a lifetime, microwave will do it.

Back
Top Bottom