VW Tiguan Mk2 - Changing Speedo to KPH ?

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi,

Wife now has a Mk2 Tiguan bought in Norn Iron. 2018 so digital dash.

When I change units from MPH to KPH, everything changes grand EXCEPT the circular Speedo which stays in MPH.
I have been looking on forums and YouTube but cannot find how to change this.

I have spoken to Peter in Logic Automotive in Greenogue - he says he will have a go at it but would have to charge me whether he succeeds or not.... I'd rather find a proven solution...

I had a look using OBD2 adaptor and Car Scanner app but there was no sign of access to any settings.

Anyone involved in importing cars have experience of this issue and solving it?

Thanks
Bin

Thanks Santa, however this one is next gen Mk2 with digital dash - i.e. the speedo / tacho etc. are on a screen...

I suspect if it can be done, it's a job for someone with VCDS to change it to Australian settings.

If your down in Cork some time give me a shout and I'll hook up the VCDS and see what happens. Probably someone closer to home will have it though.

Hi Blobbs, thanks for that. You can see at 3'44" that although he has changed to mph, the speedo is still showing kph (0-260kph) and that is what I have been trying to correct - only in reverse, i.e. from MPH to KPH. Everything changes except the speedo dial. Anyhow, we set to have digital speed displayed in KPH in the centre of the speedo and that keeps us right.

Hi Squibb34, this display is fully digital, like a laptop, so no physical scale or needle.
It is a minor inconvenience, and interesting to know that the speedo scale stays in the car's native units wherever it was made for.

Sorry OP, I get it now. I see some chatter on the various forums suggesting it can be done at dealer levei, despite VAG denial, but is an EU compliance issue.

Some of these mileage correction rogues usually have ways/means.

It may be possible but not simply

The OEM (Original Equipment manufacturer) will make a model of car and sell it in multiple markets

There will be market derivatives LHD, RHD, KMH, MPH, degrees C, degrees F. etc

Some stuff will work in multiple markets some wont - mirrors for example ;)

If the part is to be used in single markets - it may be specced to be only used in that market, and the secondary function may not be set up as you would like

if the parts is set up for multiple markets, then switching may be possible

I'd see if you can get the part number of a UK part and the part number of a non uk part and compare

It may well be the MK 1 version is not possible to recode hence the upgrade on the MK 2 part

The days of having all functions in a module and a missing wire and jumper lead are long gone unfortunately.7

There's money to be made in locking you into an upgrade ;)

Back
Top Bottom