HP2S – seat screw

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, the HP2 Sport's seat is kept in place with a M6x30 screw with a bloody security torx head.
This is more retarded than the way the rear lights/tail holder is attached to the bike, but I digress...

hp2seat.png

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sh...-K29-BMW-HP2_Sport_0458,_0468_&diagId=52_3493

Since I remove the seat to connect the battery tender every time I park up the bike, it's a bit of a pain to have to reach for the tools everytime and I wanted to replace the screw with something with an head similar to a quick release screw.
(I do have some quick release screws, but not sure it will be easy to fit them there, especially the socket bit)

So essentially I'm looking for an M6x30 screw with an head similar to this (The one in the picture is for camera tripods, so the head is a bit too big):
Tripod-Camera-Screw-Quick-Release-Screw-D-Ring-Screw.jpg

Not sure what that would be called (English is not my first language as you might have guessed by now).

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Thank you!

I’m an idiot and didn’t notice that the clip is standard (just clipped on a riveted plate).
Ordered a normal fairing quick release bolt. Should fit. Otherwise I’ll get the on from Wund!

I have the same harness. I just keep it clipped at the front of the flappy valve motor. So I remove the seat to access it.

Nah, the security screw is a bit useless. Especially in my case where the bike is never left unattended.
Quick release should arrive today. "Hope" it fits properly.

Next: fix how the tail/lights rear is connected to the rear monocoque.
I tried quick release over there as well, but it is not feasible.

Back
Top Bottom