Sargent Seats.

topcat2006

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm finding that the standard seat on my GSA is tilted forward and I "creep" towards the tank and castrate myself with my underwear at the same time.

I had a Corbyn seat on a previous 1200 and found that didn't allow the slipping for ars but was hard.

What's the Sargent like in comparison?

Does anyone have on in the Stroud/Gloucester/Cirencester area I could try on my bike and see what it feels like?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Have you tried adjusting seat with the front adjuster on high setting and rear on low setting.

The previous two bikes I've had have been the same. They just don't sit properly with them in opposing heights.

I’ve got a Sargent for sale..didn’t suit me. I’ve refitted the original saddle. My bike is standard 2010 gs not gsa.

Yes and it just "collapses" and doesn't sit right.

coz that's what they do.... it specifically states not to do this in the book, but some think it works... maybe some seats are different …. if you do this on mine like you say, you can take the seat off the bike ones is slips and comes unclipped

coz that's what they do.... it specifically states not to do this in the book, but some think it works... maybe some seats are different …. if you do this on mine like you say, you can take the seat off the bike ones is slips and comes unclipped
Thanks, that's exactly what mine does. Which isn't right. So I don't use it like that.

Which I find very strange. I've covered over 100.000 miles on my GSA first with the standard adventure seat high at the front and low at the back then with the sergeant seat high at the front and low at the back. Never had a problem with either.

I’d like to say I feel your pain Topcat (but not your nads :D). It was exactly the reason why, many years ago, that I left the 12 alone and enjoyed my 1150GSA with Corbins fitted.

I eventually succumbed to a 12GSA and very quickly chopped the standard seats for Sargent...never looked back!

You won’t regret changing and they quite often come up for sale here :beerjug:

I fitted a sargent seat and it was night and day for me. I used to be able to do about 2 hrs on the standard seat but since changing to the sargent I can go all day.

I've posted before on the rubbish seats on my 1200 GS factory low. I managed around 10-15 miles before squirming around due to the discomfort 50 miles and I was about done for the day.
I was close to selling the bike as it was 'an instrument of torture'
Then I bought a pair of Sargent seats off here and the bike was transformed. I know some people find the factory seats fine but I don't understand how BMW can get it so wrong on what is supposed to be a premium brand.

I’ve got a Sargent saddle but didn’t get on with it,too hard. I’ve now riding with the original and prefer it, softer and you can move around on it better.

There's got to be a reason why some can get on fine with the standard seat and others like me can't. Surely weight must have alot to do with it. I'm 17 stone 4lb and find the BMW standard seat uncomfortable after 20-30 miles. I use an Airhawk cushion but that's pretty useless to be honest.

Sargent seats.

I run with Sargent seats F & R on my 1200GSA 65 plate, with the cut out to remove presure from my coxys.
Top quality and comfort far superior to standard.
i think weight of person makes a difference if the seat works or not.
being over 6ft and 110kgs i can only say give them a try.
Location Chipping Norton if you fancied a ride out to try!

Back
Top Bottom