Genoa next May

Fluffy Bridges

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone got any up to date info on the 100th anniversary celebrations in Genoa May 14 - 16th next year? I intend to ride over there and attend but there is a general lack of info. I know it will centre around the aero club but little else. I suppose the virus has put paid to much of the organisation till next year.

I intend to ride there on my '95 1100 Sport, sort of replicating a trip back to the factory in Mandello 5 years ago but to a different location... A really great solo trip. I used the Mirabeau Hotel in Civenna as a jumping off point then but will look for sensible accommodation outside of Genoa this time.

If any of you can point me in the right direction....

Simon.

Hi Simon

I’m hoping to get there myself on the Cali. Keep an eye on the MG owners club web page, and I’ll stick stuff up on here as I get it.

I think all is up in the air at present given some new lock downs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spent four days in Genoa last Oct. Its a real Jeckyl and Hyde town. Down by the docks the MSC cruise ships dwarf the keyside, it is a MSC hub.

However get into the old town and its lovely, the food and drinks prices were very reasonable and the food was top quality. We did a short walking tour < 9 Euro, the town has some fantastic naval trading history.

Im not normally an attraction person, but if you have time visit the aquarium, built for an early Expo.

Or alternatively you can drink beer and wine and talk endless shit about Guzzi’s

Enjoy

Steve

Has anyone got any up to date info on the 100th anniversary celebrations in Genoa May 14 - 16th next year? I intend to ride over there and attend but there is a general lack of info. I know it will centre around the aero club but little else. I suppose the virus has put paid to much of the organisation till next year.

I intend to ride there on my '95 1100 Sport, sort of replicating a trip back to the factory in Mandello 5 years ago but to a different location... A really great solo trip. I used the Mirabeau Hotel in Civenna as a jumping off point then but will look for sensible accommodation outside of Genoa this time.

If any of you can point me in the right direction....

Simon.

Can I come please? I promise to behave myself mister :D

Spent four days in Genoa last Oct. Its a real Jeckyl and Hyde town. Down by the docks the MSC cruise ships dwarf the keyside, it is a MSC hub.

However get into the old town and its lovely, the food and drinks prices were very reasonable and the food was top quality. We did a short walking tour < 9 Euro, the town has some fantastic naval trading history.

Im not normally an attraction person, but if you have time visit the aquarium, built for an early Expo.

Or alternatively you can drink beer and wine and talk endless shit about Guzzi’s

Enjoy

Steve

I can do that thing.....

Can I come please? I promise to behave myself mister :D

You are coming Mike. I'll be chief navigator now I have a new electric map farkle thingy.

(May need a master craftsman to keep an eye on directions......)

S.

Nin, will do.

Been reading up on Genoa in the Michelin guide. Steve Hughes is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom