Route Planning on B and C roads

Orinoco

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone come across map routing software which would allow B and C class roads to be specified primarily?

Kurviger allows for main roads to be excluded likewise minor roads, but unless I plan with a map and use way points cannot see another way. Just a thought, thanks

MapSource used to have (it may well still do) a sliding scale that allowed the algorithms to favour certain classes of roads over another.

Is there a ‘go to’ piece of software that will do what you want to do, with 100% reliability? Not that I know of. That being said, few one day rides are over 300 miles, so plotting them yourself is not a task from hell.

I think you can set speed and preference for roads in Co-Pilot. So you set a speed that secondary roads use, etc (But its Merkin) so no real understanding of what a primary, secondary, trunk road etc is. You can then also set which roads get to use preference. Bit more of an option in Co Pilot as opposed to an avoidance in Basecamp

i use my route app. It has a driving walking and cycling section. When choosing the cycling section it links routes on a lot of C roads. You need to make the route and check it through though as they could be dedicated cycle only lanes, lots of Cyclists use C roads and the back lanes .

Back
Top Bottom