F700GS What's it worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my F700GS details of the bike are listed below and was wondering if any member of the forum has any advice as to what my bike is worth?

FOR SALE BMW F700GS

F700GS built October 2017, first registered February 2018 EU4 specification.
Bike imported from Portugal in May 2019 when I moved back to the UK. The bike was bought from BMW Faro in December 2018 and registered in the UK in June 2019 where it was issued with the current plate. The bike has approximately 17600 miles on the odometer and FSH (BMW up to 12000 miles and the 18000 miles service by me). All documents for registration are available and V5C. MOT due on this bike 14th February 2021.

The bike has:
ABS, on-board computer, Mode control Road and Rain, heated handgrips, hand protectors with large extenders, LED indicators, Vario top box, vario panniers, Wunderlich atkivkomfort low seat, a BMW comfort seat is included, Givi Airflow screen, the BMW original low screen is included, riders manual in English.

Extras fitted and included in sale:
Fender extender, rear Mudsling, Wunderlich crashbars, Wunderlich bash plate, Wunderlich oil filter/heat exchanger grill, e Scottoiler, Givi tank bag and locking ring, Fly lead fitted to battery with socket under seat, side stand extender, dual USB socket fitted in place of Din socket, Wunderlich radiator cover, front brake reservoir cover, Wunderlich hinged type headlight protector, chain and sprockets changed (DID VX X ring gold and black heavy duty, JT sprockets 17T and 42T), Denali 2 cansmart with Soundbomb horn, auxiliary brake light and D2 spotlights fitted to crash bars, Haynes manual covering up to 2016 models, Pannier bags but not top box.

Avon trailriders fitted in November 2019 (approx 1000 miles ridden on them) and at the same time ECU software updated at Dealers.

During recent service fork oil was changed, front brake calipers serviced, New brake pads front and rear fitted, Stahlbus speed bleeders fitted to front and rear and brake fluid changed, new Motobatt battery fitted.

Note: Sat nav shown in pictures is NOT included in the sale. Official BMW service repair disc running on a PC only is available if required (once registered it can be loaded to run from the hard disc and updates are available).

TIA
Paul

Have a look on autotrader to see what an equivalent bike is up for

Is that the exact spec? If so it’s the midrange model (no ESA etc). Is it out of warranty (I assume no extended warranty?) I’d take any accessories off and sell them separately. Take a look at what dealers are selling the most similar bike for and deduct £1200-£1500 to get a private sale price. I’d say somewhere between £4,500-£5,500 depending on condition.

I'd knock a bit more off (or, at least, if I was buyign I'd pay a bit less because it's an import). Not because the bike is actually any different, but because insurance for imported bikes is always slightly problemtic.

I have looked on Autotrader and similar bikes are all at Dealers with an average price around £6500.
Yes, it is the exact spec and I have decided to leave all the extras on so I now have an idea of an asking price.
Got to get some photos and then will advertise the bike.

As an owner of an F700gs I would say , I bought my ex BMW staff bike , 9000 miles, 2016 in 2018 for £5700 from a dealer 2 yrs BWM warranty . So your bike two year later maybe worth £4500 to £5000 as a private sale or part ex today. I know it sounds harsh , but other than your luggage and screen all your extras are A sunk cost. Best option is to strip them off and sell on here or if you are brave ebay.

Another option is to look at SOLD listings on Ebay, rather than the advertised price they reflect what an item actually sold for.

GLWTS

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom