Any Scottish Power Engineers (Edinburgh West) on here?

Voyager

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not related to bikes but I'm clutching at straws !

For the past 8 months I have been trying to get Scottish Power to install a 3-phase meter. All the wiring is in and there are 3 phases terminating in the house (old Farmhouse).

Meter installations have been "Outsourced" to 'Activo' and the way to get them to do something is via the "Customer Service Centre" - which turns out to be "The DD Centre" in Warrington.

I won't bore you with the litany of 'phone calls, broken promises, cancelled appointments, no-shows . . but now we are in 'Lockdown' and Scottish Power is only handling emergency issues.

Problem: My Electrician thought that all 3 phases would be live (I use two in the house, the third (grey) phase terminates in an empty fuse holder). However I find it isn't connected and just shows an induction voltage of 47 v A/C.

I can't imagine that 'Activo' will be delving into Sub-stations to make circuits live - so I need an SP Electrician to investigate the sub-station at the edge of my garden and hopefully connect it up - thus removing yet another source of excuses when they (Activo) finally get back to doing meter installs.

I have a large 3-phase lathe in the workshop all ready to run, this is driving me mad.

I'm a 'hands-on' guy and I HATE having to rely on others (with different agendas) to get their fingers out :mad:

I'm on a farm in EH29. There seems to be an SP van park and office not far away in Newbridge - there must be a way of short-circuiting all the bureaucracy and dis-interest I'm encountering in what is essentially a very straight-forward job.

Help.

Bob.

Bob,

There is no easy answer to this I'm afraid.
SP are absolutely useless.
There are different sub sections within the system, and all of of them don't talk to one another. The meter install, unfortunately for you, is the last piece of the jigsaw.
I am not a sparks, but am " in the trade " and have been in a similar situation to you more than a few times.
Best solution, face to face with the local office if you can get through the front door.
Don't know if you are self employed, but you could argue loss of earnings etc. Three phase is generally industrial use.

Good luck

John

There is no easy answer to this I'm afraid.
SP are absolutely useless.

I have had many dealings with SP over the years - mostly to do with a flat we have that is rented out through an Agent. Absolute nightmare !

When a Tenant leaves, the Landlord needs to get the account back into their name and run it while the property is prepared for re-letting. It should be a simple process but it isn't. The Letting Agent and I dread trying to get through to someone who understands what is going on (and, hopefully, understands English).

My Electrician was not hopeful that my current issue would be resolved within a year or two :D.

Thanks for confirming my view.

Bob.

Hi Bob
I work for the opposite from electricity. Gas
Anyway I feel your pain.
Like the company I work is driven on customer service is KING . If you have all the relevant info dates inquiries etc get on to customer service they will move mountains m8 . I know our company goes bananas when a customer complain's tell them your contacting ofgem about the service you have not received. They will be throwing cash at you to remove the compliant.
Let us know how you get on .
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Bob
I work for the opposite from electricity. Gas
Anyway I feel your pain.
Like the company I work is driven on customer service is KING . If you have all the relevant info dates inquiries etc get on to customer service they will move mountains m8 . I know our company goes bananas when a customer complain's tell them your contacting ofgem about the service you have not received. They will be throwing cash at you to remove the compliant.
Let us know how you get on .
Cheers
Martin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Good point Bob. SP were hassling me for payment of an account from one of the garages in "my" row of lockups. (Long story!) I sent an email to their customer services threatening them with a harassment complaint to the Ombudsman. Got a grovelling apology within 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom