First long ride

Jako999

Reaction score
Hi all well I know for most of you this is just around the corner but I did my first longer ride on the 750, 200 mile round trip to be precise and it didn’t miss a beat I loved it, a great bike. Mpg was also impressive not so sure about the quick shifter but time will tell. I managed to stall it going up a single track almost vertical hill With a car coming down but at least I didnt fall off.
Picked up a new Schubert C3 pro helmet to day so need another ride out to see how that goes, good excuse. Looking at new boots as well but I think I’m going to get some Daytona M star to give me a bit more height which will really help.

So far glad I went for the gs over a use 800 Tiger.
Thanks

Glad you’re liking it. I’ve found that even more than the 700 you need to ensure revs are kept up a little. Not sure if it’s the very lean fuelling or gearing in 1st, but it’s prone to stalling otherwise. Even after just under a year of ownership it occasionally coughs and dies when pulling away if I’ve let the clutch out but not lifted the revs to about 2.5-3k - I blame years on bigger bikes with so much torque you can pull away in 6th!

I have managed to stall my BMW 850 more times in the last 12 months than I have on all the other bikes I have owned in the last 5 years. It does like to be at least revving at 2.5 - 3 k before releasing the clutch. Anything less and it is that embarrassing moment with cars waiting behind me impatient to be moving.

Dave T

750gs

Glad Im not just the only one, only had it 3 weeks so it’s going to take time. It worries me a little though because the bikes a bit tall for me but the more miles I do the better it feels. I am going to get some Daytona boots with the lift in, that should sort it out.

Thanks

Glad Im not just the only one, only had it 3 weeks so it’s going to take time. It worries me a little though because the bikes a bit tall for me but the more miles I do the better it feels. I am going to get some Daytona boots with the lift in, that should sort it out.

Thanks
Same here I have managed to stall it(750) few times but very quick fired it up.Quick shifter is brilliant just give it time to get use to it.
You will find its a great bike once you have few miles under your belt.

Back
Top Bottom