Daytona Spirit Boots - how do you get them on?

Strive/Roadstar fit

They are all like that sir! Or at least the two pairs I have are (Roadstar/Strive). It does get better with use.

It is the deliberate design to prevent the boot coming off in an accident. I find a good wellington boot jack is the answer to getting out of them!

I’ve never owned a Daytona but am very particular about my gear. I was originally sold on the Roadstar and it fits perfectly in a 41. I’ve not been able to try the Strive but overall seems to offer better protection with the ability and comfort to use as both a touring and everyday riding boot. I’m still not 100% which boot to buy. It’s a lot of money and would prefer not to piss it away.

How do the Roadstar and Strive compare? Is the fit and sizing the same? And if you were to only have one of the 2 models which would you prefer to have?

I have the Strive
they are a perfect fit but when new they were tough to get on

I think due to the way the unseen protection in the heel cup and mid sole
at 3 years old they are a bit easier now

Bloody good boots though and super comfy once on

Had similar problems trying on Dianese boots earlier this year, I am normally a 44, buy 45's in bike boots but couldn't get into Dianese 47's main problem was my wide feet. Ended up with BMW Cruise Comfort 45's a perfect fit. I had problems getting these on and off so spent a couple of weeks walking them in around the house for an hour or two a day until they stretched to my feet a bit, now kind of a perfect fit

IIRC the Roadstar’s have two zips down the length making getting them on and off easier. I think there are also a lot more sizing options with Roadstar’s when it comes to calf size and the like.

Since this thread has been resurrected I thought I'd add a short postscript - I sold the Daytona Spirits some time ago but before doing so I discovered another Velcroed "flap" on the back of the boots which hadn't been at all obvious (to me anyway ;) ). Loosening that made them slightly easier to get into and out of but still not what I'd call "easy".

I have a pair of Daytona M Stars, bit difficult to just pull and ride the curve, just make sure that both zip edges are close and parallel.

At the risk of repeating myself, Daytona deliberately make them difficult to get in and out of. It’s a safety feature to reduce any risk of them being torn off in an accident. My Strive’s have definitely loosened up since I bought them but they still require more focus to get in and out of compared with the average motorcycle boot. I don’t mind - they are very comfortable once you are in and a shoe pull with a long handle or a boot jack makes the whole process of putting them on and taking them off very straight forward.

mine have given a bit now after about 3 months, they were a bugger to get on but the leather gives a bit.

Back
Top Bottom