BF 2021 crossings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a look at prices yesterday, comparing them to what we had paid for this year's cancelled trip. About £300 more for return trip, although we might have been able to get that lower with altaerntive crossings. Bizarrely the return leg on the Pont Aven was a little cheaper than this year's, but the outbound leg was way higher.

Haven't booked because we have no idea this far in advance what we'll be doing with work. There's a possibility that we'll have more time than previous years so riding to Spain becomes a more viable option. But equally a possibility that we'll have less time and struggle to get more than week, in which case Spain might be a bit of a rush.

We had a look at prices yesterday, comparing them to what we had paid for this year's cancelled trip. About £300 more for return trip, although we might have been able to get that lower with altaerntive crossings. Bizarrely the return leg on the Pont Aven was a little cheaper than this year's, but the outbound leg was way higher.

Haven't booked because we have no idea this far in advance what we'll be doing with work. There's a possibility that we'll have more time than previous years so riding to Spain becomes a more viable option. But equally a possibility that we'll have less time and struggle to get more than week, in which case Spain might be a bit of a rush.

What month were you looking at prices for
I had a difficult time booking trip for October ?

Postponing our ferry booking till next year or the bastards want to keep 50% as a cancellation fee...

Cancelled Eurotunnel too and got a full refund.

Fair enough to charge an admin fee but £450 for our trip seems excessive to me.

25% Bank Holiday discount deal on website at mo, for certain 2020 dates, if it helps anyone.

'Sail to western France or Spain this autumn and winter with Brittany Ferries and save 25% on select sailings between 14th September and 17 December 2020.

Available routes:

- Portsmouth to Caen

- Portsmouth to Bilbao & Santander

Book your next trip today, this offer is only available until 31st August 2020.'

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Just had an email, they are offering a dinner & breakfast with all 2021 bookings on the new Galicia.

I looked at the ferry times and they are not good at 32h45m out and 30h return. Leave Portsmouth at 10:15pm on Thurs and arrive in Santander at 8am on Sat, so they get their money back by having you on board for 2 nights in the bar and buying a 2nd breakfast. On the return leg you get to Portsmouth at 8pm which is a PITA as it will be after 9pm before you get off the boat and on the M275.

Pont Aven times from Plymouth more sensible.

I don't understand their sailing timings. A couple of times we went from Portsmouth to Bilbao direct and it took 36-ish hours - similar timings to your above, arriving at Bilbao at 08:00. I heard somewhere (but don't know where) that this was because the port wouldn't accept the ferry before 08:00. Direct trips, though.

A couple of years ago we did the same trip but with a stop off on the way at Roscoff. Still same overall journey length.

The following year we went Portsmouth - Santander and that was 24 hrs.

And all the return journeys to Portsmouth were 24 hrs or just over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom