Schuberth comms

stever1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Morning, I'm thinking of buying a Schuberth helmet and built in comms kit. Has anyone got any experience of using Schuberths own comms kit ?. In particular Volume and clarity. I presently use a Neotec and Interphone set up which is good but I don't know wether I could get the Interphone into a Schuberth helmet.
Any feed back gratefully recieved. :thumb2

I have a C4 with built in comms. Had it 4 years now and very happy. Battery is removable and so you can carry a spare if you need but the charge lasts long enough in my opinion (around 9 hours). I like to listen to the radio and this is also part of the system. Bluetooth linking is also good and volume with ear plugs also fine. Big downside are the buttons on the lid itself. Very fiddly and to turn on and off you need to press both at same time. Not easy. I have a remote control (optional extra) on my handlebars which works great.

C4 is utter shite . The comms kit is so quiet that you can’t hear anything if you wear ear plugs .
The original C4 also had rubbish visor which has been supposedly fixed on later models .
Got rid of mine and went back to Neotec 2 with Sena SRL integrated comms.
So much better than Schuberth junk.
Can hear music clearly at 70 mph with ear plugs in .

C4 is utter shite . The comms kit is so quiet that you can’t hear anything if you wear ear plugs .
The original C4 also had rubbish visor which has been supposedly fixed on later models .
Got rid of mine and went back to Neotec 2 with Sena SRL integrated comms.
So much better than Schuberth junk.
Can hear music clearly at 70 mph with ear plugs in .

I also use a Neotec but they are a lot more expensive than a C3pro, and i don't know if my Interphone will fit in iy due to it already being sorted for there own kit.

I have E1's, both with comms and the unit itself is superb, in terms of quality, ease of operation and battery life. However, the helmet itself is so noisy, I can't have a sensible phone conversation, although fine for nav etc.

It the right helmet, I'd say it would be fine.

I also use a Neotec but they are a lot more expensive than a C3pro, and i don't know if my Interphone will fit in iy due to it already being sorted for there own kit.

I have had a Scala Packtalk fitted to an original Neotec and have now fitted the setup to two Neotec 2s, easy install and the Packtalk is far superior to the fitted kit, except its not all hidden. There are plenty of reviews on the different fitted kit, views on clarity etc are like arsholes everybody has one. I have just fitted the 45mm JBL speakers to my Packtalk and the clarity is stunning. I have a set of torx xpro speakers, which I used before the JBL purchase, they were a lot better than standard. If anybody wants a speaker upgrade give me a shout, they plug into any comms unit that has a 3mm socket :)

Schuberth did an upgrade on the firmware for the sc1 and that’s got over a lot of the issues that people had after it was launched. Also the C4Pro had microphone position changed so it picked up voice better. I’m sure the C4 and C4Pro use different shells and some say the C4 was a bit of a cockup but I couldn’t comment on that. I’ve a C4Pro with sc1a. One thing is you’ll get really hacked off with the buttons and buy a handlebar remote after a couple of times.

I have the C4 with SC1a is there a way to adjust the bass as its a bit too much treble for me

Back
Top Bottom