New CRF1100 (not adventure sports) pannier frames - where do they mount?

DeanoBeano

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been looking at a standard CRF1100 the past few days and as you might expect have been considering pannier and frame options.

I can't seem to find any of the top brands offering a set of panniers & frames for the CRF1100, only the adventure sports model. On the adventure sports they have the two top locating lugs on each side which naturally make mounting the frames much easier, however, theses are non existent on the standard CRF1100.

I know that Honda offer a set of panniers, which I think are made by Givi, but I'm after something a bit better than that.

Has anyone got any panniers fitted to their bike and can attach a pic showing where the frames would mount?

97d1a5770f7ac2193a3f02bf590dc3db.jpg

d0eb39873e75dde546f38dca40ce4b20.jpg

2ecf6be1968c4c832eedf7f60be11665.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Givi and Kappa offer 2 different panniers frames and half a dozen different pannier options for the standard bike.

Looking at those pictures that’s an Adventure Sports model?

longjohn - I'm not sure those images are of a CRF1100. Thos silver grab handles aren't something I've seen on a CRF1100.

They look like the panniers attached to the bike he was trying to sell on here today, defo a CRF1100.

Bumot seem to make them
https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk...da-crf1100-africa-twin-adventure-sports-2020/

Albeit on the old 1000, I have the Honda OEM panniers. They have been absolutely fine, 100% waterproof (made by Shad) and for pure road riding have been spot on. No framework when I remove them...which takes about 3 seconds.

No, those pics are of an Adventure Sports with the 2 lugs at the top that frames mount onto, not a standard Africa Twin Those lugs are non existent on the standard CRF1100

The standard Africa Twin are missing the frame below where I have shown the bolts that hold my frames on, it is a CRF1100 ad sport, I know there is quite a difference in the standard one and the adv sport including the old tubes wheels and forks.

Maybe more but I'm not 100% sure on it all.

Rugged roads supplied my panniers and frames and he seems to know what's required.

Thanks longjohn. That rugged roads explains it. Much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom