Hello from Chattanooga, Tennessee

kokomoto

Reaction score
I just added a 2007 R1200GS to my garage. It's my first BMW and seems to be well cared for, and mostly stock with Varios. Previous owner added a top case and Hepco-Becker seat. The H-B seat is nothing less than a torture device, so I already tossed it into the corner. I've added a GPS and power cable, some H-B lower bars, and ordering a GIVI AF330 windscreen.

So far, enjoying the GS and trying to get used to the BMW turn signal controls.

I've owned an 02 Aprilia Futura and 96 Ducati 900CR in the past, and am near the end of a restoration on a 1967 Triumph TR6R. I guess I just like twin cylinder engines, especially the Italian type. Had an 89 Yamaha FZR400 in the early days, and a Kawi Concourse for a while too, but preferred the twins. Wish I had kept the FZR, though. Those are getting very hard to find.

I also enjoy wrenching on bikes. The Triumph has been a challenge. They did things differently back in the 60s. I've learned who Mr Whitworth was, and why there was a guy called a Fitter on the assembly line. I'd like to take on an airhead project next, or a Moto Guzzi.

Looking forward to chatting with y'all.

:beerjug:

Pardon me, boy ... :D

Welcome to all things GS, motorcycling and other stuff according to interest and choice. :thumb2

Good morning kokomo to and welcome :beerjug:

Yeah, with you on all things twins and Italian (singles are pretty cool too) ~ check out Nin's thread in the restorations section in here, he's currently doing a great restoration of a Guzzi T3 California :thumb2

Andres

Welcome.

I know Chattanooga well - have been several times - as my company has customers there. It’s a lovely part of the world and has some great biking roads.

Welcome ,been your side of the pond numerous times, Daughter used to live in WV and Son currently in NC . You sure have plenty of great roads to enjoy the new bike.

Back
Top Bottom