Motorcycle dash cam recommendations

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my Next Base Ride dash cam. Its died and I think it is because muggins here put it direct to 12 volts. :bash.

Do get another NB or is there something better on the market and preferably a lot cheaper?

TIA.

So you want better & cheaper?

Does not quite add up?

Well her indoors holds the budget strings....so I need to mention the cheaper word. And tbh the NB ride is a bit older than some of the kit available now so maybe cheaper and better is possible??

Look at the VSys systems on AliExpress. I have been using a P6FL twin camera system for 18mths (1080 front and rear) and have been pleased with it. Full system cost me about £125 including the GPS unit and I think about £15 import duty.

Look at the VSys systems on AliExpress. I have been using a P6FL twin camera system for 18mths (1080 front and rear) and have been pleased with it. Full system cost me about £125 including the GPS unit and I think about £15 import duty.

Ditto

I'm also interested in this as they seem to be getting better and cheaper with a growing amount of nutters trying to kill me lately :blast

Keep the recommendations coming.

I have just purchased a Dragontouch UHD 4K action cam from Amazon reduced to £24.I only want one for the ‘what if’ scenario. Works well enough.

Be careful with the vsys cameras- I ordered one that took 2 months to come and when it came the rear camera was only 720p not the 1080p as advertised. I contacted the manufacturer who basically told me its not their problem, so i have major doubts about any sort of after sales service if anything goes wrong. But it is only a £120 camera so, as with a lot of Chinese electronics, it comes down to whether you are prepared to risk that amount.

I have 2 vsys. They do the job that's required of them
I also have an innovv. It's not as good IMHO. Image is not as sharp. You can bodge it to "up" the bit rate, which I have done, but not tested it yet.
I use a Mobius as a headcam (built into my helmet)
Plus other cameras that are discontinued, but still very good.

https://youtu.be/tHarIyeSIGw

Be careful with the vsys cameras- I ordered one that took 2 months to come and when it came the rear camera was only 720p not the 1080p as advertised. I contacted the manufacturer who basically told me its not their problem
TBF - unless you bought it direct from the manufacturer it's not their problem, it's with who sold it to you. If you did buy direct then I can understand the issue, can you go through paypal or your credit card - anything else for China is a bust.

Bought my VSys from the manufacturers shop via AliExpress. I initially had a problem with the "smart" power supply which was quickly sorted and have just received 2 new upgraded camera mounts (new bike, new mounts) from customer service for just $7 including P&P. I've found their customer service to be excellent.

Ditto the ditto. Except I got mine through Amazon.

I have 2 vsys. They do the job that's required of them
I also have an innovv. It's not as good IMHO. Image is not as sharp. You can bodge it to "up" the bit rate, which I have done, but not tested it yet.
I use a Mobius as a headcam (built into my helmet)
Plus other cameras that are discontinued, but still very good.

https://youtu.be/tHarIyeSIGw

Sorry to say after the crap year we had last year I didn't do much on the bike, so I thought I'd get a set of cameras for this year coming and fit them in advance using the recommendations given above. I plumped for one of these sets from Amazon, but unfortunately it was riddles with problems, and I just could not be bothered trying to sort it all out after half an hour trying to get them to work, they should work out the box these days.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07W4HQTYM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Three issues when trying to "test" the unit before even considering mounting it:

The unit would only stay on for a couple of minutes, then power off when connected to a power bank of the correct type, so trying to test it was a pain straight away. It was not the "smart" box, as it was not part of the circuit for testing and was not connected as per their instructions. The the buttons would not press properly, there was no feed back with them, so you don't know if they are pressing or not, sometimes they worked, sometimes they didn't, but they were so poor they were not fit for purpose. And finally, I downloaded the app for my phone, got it connected to the wifi on the DVR, but the app just kept telling me there was a problem with the connection/camera, I finally just gave up.

It looked ok, and when trying to test it I could see the picture from the cameras, but I could not get it to do anything or access anything, so overall a pretty poor experience.

Not the cheapest INNOVV K2 might even be the K3 now??

Front & rear camera with central under seat unit connect with phone APP.

Reactions: KJB
I work on a collisions unit (ex job) and see a growing volume of digital evidence. Next Base is consistently good with Garmin and Innov up there too. Like most kit you get what you pay for and "cheap" is not good for dusk/dark when the number of frames is not high it all gets a bit "blurry". Spend as much as you can and you wont go far wrong.

FYI I have a Next Base Ride as new in the box if you are interested .

I'm also on the lookout for a dashcam system for the GSA. I did buy one some time back, but when testing it, the camera seems to record a mirror image, which made it look like I was riding abroad in the UK and vice versa - strange...

I've seen this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/28393955...Lj6ZkZHRtzPbwAfbLBo/JG3SY=|tkp:Bk9SR9bxwruiYw

I'd be grateful if anyone has any experience of this, or for alternate recommendations.

Thanks in advance. Guy

Th
Not the cheapest INNOVV K2 might even be the K3 now??

Front & rear camera with central under seat unit connect with phone APP.
They have the K5 now if you want all the bells and whistles and you can even buy a mount specific for the GS

Another ditto for the Vsys cameras. I have the 1080 front and 720 rear (on the basis that if you need the rear footage you're most likely about to be tailended so 720 shoukd be good enough) Not had any issues at all and got mine from Aliexpress

Back
Top Bottom