New RT

grantmac

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new RT later this year. Can anyone recommend a dealer in the southern part of UK. Forgot to add - any tips about financing? Would prefer to go for deposit & monthly financing and after X months own it. I see BMW has options. Any other recommendations? Also if i go through financing what happens with insurance? Are there any specifics because of financing? Maybe dumb questions but I've never bought a bike in the UK.

If your looking at finance, research GAP Insurance. What this is it covers the difference between what the amount the bike is wrth if written off and what is left on Finance. It can be a godsend if you have a lot of finance and end up without the bike early into the finance term.

+ another 1 for Bahnstormers, Alton. Excellent service.

Wouldn't go near the place again, I always used CW in Dorchester until they gave up their franchise with BMW. Had my 1250 service with the Alton gang, won't be going back. Going to try Cotswold from now on, they have a pretty good rep. :)

Having done PCP deals before, if I was looking to ‘own’ a bike next time i’ll simply take out a loan - I’d seriously recommend you look at the rates and compare, loan vs hire-purchase.

A loan can be way cheaper and you ‘own’ the bike from the outset.

Insurance is totally independent of financing - you just insure it as normal.

Looking to buy a new RT later this year. Can anyone recommend a dealer in the southern part of UK. Forgot to add - any tips about financing? Would prefer to go for deposit & monthly financing and after X months own it. I see BMW has options. Any other recommendations? Also if i go through financing what happens with insurance? Are there any specifics because of financing? Maybe dumb questions but I've never bought a bike in the UK.

Are you intending to buy on finance and then permanently export to the Netherlands and register it there ? Not sure if finance deals will allow you to do that .

Are you intending to buy on finance and then permanently export to the Netherlands and register it there ? Not sure if finance deals will allow you to do that .

As my secondment to UK is likely to be extended for another 4 years I plan to use it and keep it in UK. After that i can then export to NL as second hand and this becomes also financially more attractive

Wouldn't go near the place again, I always used CW in Dorchester until they gave up their franchise with BMW. Had my 1250 service with the Alton gang, won't be going back. Going to try Cotswold from now on, they have a pretty good rep. :)

What did Bahnstormer do wrong?

What did Bahnstormer do wrong?

Had a bad experience with two bikes, but they did apologise but that was enough to put me off as if they were that sloppy with my two bikes, that doesn't lead me to believe they are not the same with others. So will try somewhere else. But not going to put on an open forum what they did, but it was enough to make me vote with my feet.

As my secondment to UK is likely to be extended for another 4 years I plan to use it and keep it in UK. After that i can then export to NL as second hand and this becomes also financially more attractive

Ah right , considering the number of bike dealers from the Netherlands buying up used UK stocks of bikes you could then sell it on for a good price once back across there.

Brother in law recently sold his 3000 mile 19 plate f850gs to a Dutch dealer for a couple of grand more than a local dealer offered in part exchange and I have his contact number for when part ex time comes for my 2018 model R1200 gsa.

A bit late on parade with this but I would put a vote in for Wollaston BMW in Northampton, I'm on my 6th bike from them and they have always been very helpful when I've needed their backup.

Having done PCP deals before, if I was looking to ‘own’ a bike next time i’ll simply take out a loan - I’d seriously recommend you look at the rates and compare, loan vs hire-purchase.

Most finance deals require you to have "Fully Comprehensive Insurance" it will be buried in the small print

I know a lot of stories where people would take fake insurance, even in 2024 there are some services where people would give them money and they will be tricked by a service and will stay without money and insurance :confused:

I'm based in N Wales, bought new BMW's from Manchester, Ellesmere Port, North Oxford. Each has done the best deal for the bike I wanted at the time
Ellesmere Port are now Chester, but I would buy from the other 2 again
Usually if they have a new stock bike in they are more prone to wiggle room

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom