wet feet

botus

Reaction score
The air cooled GS has to be the worst bike for wet weather riding ever....

I have a front mudguard extension.... but it doesn’t help at all. Even a ride in moderately damp weather means your lower legs are soaked through.... one might expect the engine cylinders to be great protection, but I’ve have never got such wet feet on any bike ever in 40 years of biking. You get drier legs paddling at the sea side!!!

I looked at what I thought was the issue with a mudguard that drives all the water on to the fork leg and then directs nearly 100% of what its captured at your shins and feet and then the body work round the tank drains on to your knees too.

I and added some extras down the side of the front mudguard to capture it.... and just did 3 miles in a heavy shower and I’m socked to wet socks in a 7 minute bike ride WTF !!!

I and added some extras down the side of the front mudguard to capture it.... and just did 3 miles in a heavy shower and I’m socked to wet socks in a 7 minute bike ride WTF !!!

Have you considered a pair of waterproof boots?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nothing to do with the front mudguard if i recall

Its the cylinders, they collect and channel water back onto to shin / boot

waterproof boots / over boots are the best way ;)

You ride in the rain.:green gri.
:D

My waterproof boots do work well.

Just go straight to a Goretex boot and some of the cheaper goretex rukka trousers and you'll never have to complain again.

As above. You need to get some waterproof (goretex) boots.

Recently rode in almost 2hrs of torrential non stop rain. Didn't think once about my feet!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wish I had the same faith in goretex boots that some of you guys have.
Had various goretex boots from Hein Gericke, Daytona and Sidi over the last 15 years and none lasted more than a year as fully waterproof, my last set of Sidi Adventures were replaced under warranty three times.
My latest boots are Sidi Canyons which I bought last month so we'll see how long these keep the water out.

Wish I had the same faith in goretex boots that some of you guys have.
Had various goretex boots from Hein Gericke, Daytona and Sidi over the last 15 years and none lasted more than a year as fully waterproof, my last set of Sidi Adventures were replaced under warranty three times.
My latest boots are Sidi Canyons which I bought last month so we'll see how long these keep the water out.

Never heard reports like that! My Sidi boots (can't remember which model - a road race boot, made of Lorica with goretex) are about 4yrs old now and I can't fault them from a waterproof perspective.

Did you clean the boots in some way? That's a long run of failed goretex boots!

Did you clean the boots in some way? That's a long run of failed goretex boots!

Most of them recommended just wiping them down with a damp cloth to keep them clean, though once they started to let water in I would use Leder Gris on them.

incredible,

so many of you don't think its a howling design flaw?
I find that incredulous.... ride a Japanese bike and it would take 7 hours to get as wet and miserable as 10 minutes on the GS

incredible,

so many of you don't think its a howling design flaw?
I find that incredulous.... ride a Japanese bike and it would take 7 hours to get as wet and miserable as 10 minutes on the GS
Not sure I agree with any of that. Design to flaw??? Which jap bikes you taking about? Fully fared obviously?! Lol

Most of them recommended just wiping them down with a damp cloth to keep them clean, though once they started to let water in I would use Leder Gris on them.

Well, I'm sorry you're struggling with them. As above, for most of us they are the answer.

Also mentioned above are the Wally Flaps. But in the past I've also seen plastic or metal (can't remember which) little infill panels that fit under the pots. They might be worth investigating.

Back
Top Bottom