Motorbike dryer?

er-minio

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This is something I never considered in my life... but I see how it can be handy.

All the ones I found are enormous (for detailers) and with insane wattages. I cannot power anything north of 1000W and would generally use it to dry the bikes during winter, after spraying down the salt with cold water or "sponge baths" :)

My lockup is not a very dry place and it could take a lot during winter for the bikes to dry up.

Still looking for something that is not an hair dryer... but not a bloody turbine.
Suggestions?

Thanks guys!
Ah, yes, now I remember reading about the pet dryer thing over here!

I think I'll have to spend a bit more and go for the DeWalt. All pet dryers are 2800W and I cannot even remotely power that.

As others have said, pet dryer. Mine is the 2800w version and I never need to use heat, just full speed on the fan.

Another vote for the ebay pet dryers which are usually around the £60 mark. As said no need to use the heating element as the air coming out of it is warm anyway and mine's 7 years old now too

Same as me and another difference from the bike dryer is the pet dryer is pink :D:D

I got this one this week....excellent :okay

Attachments

• C8AE1D65-0B53-4521-B563-329709C9E6C9.jpg
    C8AE1D65-0B53-4521-B563-329709C9E6C9.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 181
I bought a Bruhl 1400 dryer a few years back from M&P , Recommended by a friend,
its powerful and warm air off the motor without heat on, So well under 1000 w, Hose is long enough,
They have gone up a bit ,,, Would buy one again,

Yep... another one here for a pet dryer. eBay special and blue in colour too. Does a fantastic job on the GSA.

I have a pet drier as well, but as you state you can't power it, seems a lot pointless advising you about getting one, you would "in my opinion" be better with a petrol leaf blower, most can be used to collect leaves as well, a second hand one would probably be cheaper still.

Back
Top Bottom