Safari or Google Chrome, Yahoo or Gmail?

Micky

Never knowingly understood
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Probably been done to death before elsewhere, but which is the better 'Search Engine' .... Safari or Google Chrome?

.... and why?

Which is the better email provider, Yahoo or Gmail .... and why?

I have both, but not using Google Chrome or my Gmail address, but should I be doing so?

Please forgive and humour a Neolithic Numpty :rob

:beerjug:

Safari and chrome are browsers, not search engines. You can change the default search engine in either.

If you don't like Google but want accurate results you can try duckduckgo. Available as a browser and a search engine.

In terms of email its much of a muchness but it's near enough a one horse race with Gmail.

Each search engine has their own quirks but for genetal use baring the ad placed searches at the top of the results, Google does it for me with its no distracting adverts of news guff as per yahoo just a blank page.
As for email meh its horse for course they both have spam but Gmail seems to deal with it a tad better but "in general" you need a phone number to make a gmail account. All mail servers and websites use tracking of one type or another so software like Malwarebytes Antimalware and Adblock may help you to temper it should you so desire.

Browser:- Safari or FireFox.
Search Engine:- Google
Email:- Gmail

Why:- because I do and have done for years.

For a search engine, try Startpage.
It searches Google (mostly) for its results, but removes all the ads (sponsored entries) and tracking from Google.

No love for Bing then? :D
220px-Matthew_Perry_as_Chandler_Bing.png

Browser:- Safari or FireFox.
Search Engine:- Google
Email:- Gmail

Why:- because I do and have done for years.

Apart from Safari the above is what I use.
Got rid of Chrome a couple of years ago as it was gobbling up the ram which made everything else slower.

Opera is good as well and it's private mode works better than others.

Apart from Safari the above is what I use.
Got rid of Chrome a couple of years ago as it was gobbling up the ram which made everything else slower.

Opera is good as well and it's private mode works better than others.

I use a few browsers as it is easy to organise the users/company stuff I have. I use Firefox, Pale Moon (a firefox 'light'), Microsoft Edge and also Chrome now - Google has got its act together with Chrome now it is very snappy and not a resource hog. Firefox doesn't sesem as quick as it was but is fine.
GMail is the go to mail service but I still have an old Yahoo account for legacy / unimportant stuff.

I use a few browsers as it is easy to organise the users/company stuff I have. I use Firefox, Pale Moon (a firefox 'light'), Microsoft Edge and also Chrome now - Google has got its act together with Chrome now it is very snappy and not a resource hog. Firefox doesn't sesem as quick as it was but is fine.
GMail is the go to mail service but I still have an old Yahoo account for legacy / unimportant stuff.

Interesting Rob .... thanks :thumb

I don't particularly need or require a more private browser Andi (Archer) thanks :thumb

:beerjug:

I find with using emails and website forward systems Yahoo to be far superior, Gmail just makes it hard.

I mean richie@mydomain.com forwards easily to richie@yahoo.com but not to Gmail. Actually especially when you want to send an email from Gmail but for it to say your domain instead.

If that makes sense

Everyone to their own! I have ~20 email addresses all forwarded seamlessly (and easily) to Gmail; when sending, Gmail also gives the option to send from any of these addresses with a simple click.

Browser - Chrome or Firefox
Search - DuckDuckGo or MillionShort, never Google!
Email - Gmail

Email: gmail and I use its ability to download email via POP3 for legacy accounts. Very little spam gets through, unlike if I log onto the Yahoo portal for one of the legacy emails.
Searching: Chrome defaults to google and I have no reason to change it

Back
Top Bottom