Lots of speed enforcement out today in Worcestershire

Lord Snooty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I went out for a solo ride today, I headed for Evesham and then Broadway on the A44, as I approached Fish Hill I saw the first Scamera Van on the right, at the top of Fish Hill there was another on the right and in the few miles between Fish Hill and the A424 turn off for Stow on the Wold there were at least another 4/5 speed traps consisting of vans, patrol cars and motorbike cops. All of them were engaged in discussions with "customers", mostly bikers, and the ticket books were getting lots of use.

I kept the speed legal and turned off for Stow, I hit a long tail back on the approach to Stow in the 40 mph limit and worked my way round it so see flashing blue lights a 100 meters or so before the 30 mph limit, I tucked back into the queue and played the patience game. Turned out some muppet had parked himself in the scenery in the 30 mph limit and the fire brigade were in attendance and lots of Plod directing traffic past the scene:blast Got through after a few minutes and worked my way round the tailback entering Stow and headed for Moreton in Marsh. I made my way to the Touchdown Cafe at Wellesbourne Airfield and saw no more speed traps.

Anybody on here fall victim to the clampdown, I saw a lot of GSes out.

Not out today, but I ride that route regularly, so will keep an eye out in future. :thumb

I came through that this morning,the cops overtime budget must have been smashed.
They have set those checkpoints a few times since 2 bikers were killed last year at the turn to Broadway Tower.
I normally avoid the Fish on a Sunday,it's like a race track.

I came through that this morning,the cops overtime budget must have been smashed.
They have set those checkpoints a few times since 2 bikers were killed last year at the turn to Broadway Tower.
I normally avoid the Fish on a Sunday,it's like a race track.

The number of vehicles and personnel deployed was pretty amazing, clearly the Chief Constable of Worcestershire has instigated a clampdown. I wasn't aware of the two bikers killed last year, was that on the hill or taking the turn towards Broadway Tower?

The number of vehicles and personnel deployed was pretty amazing, clearly the Chief Constable of Worcestershire has instigated a clampdown. I wasn't aware of the two bikers killed last year, was that on the hill or taking the turn towards Broadway Tower?

They were coming off the top of the Fish and a car pulled out ,took both bikes out.
I think it's a joint force initiative as it's on the border. Justified to a point really.
So many side roads joining and loads of tourists driving aimlessly you need to be aware.

Nearly got caught a while back, surprised I didn't tbh, wasn't intentionally speeding just one of those things that happen from time to time.

Haven't seen them there for a while, but when I do I'm normally on two wheels without and engine!

I had assumed Fish Hill is in Gloucestershire but I'm quite happy it is in Worcs. Our lot seem more keen on the rich pickings of urban speed limits, fortunately. Last time they got me was when I failed to register a 40 dropped to 30 on the outskirts of Cheltenham shortly after moving house.

Back
Top Bottom