Brake bleeding questions

Badgerwolf

Reaction score
Hi peeps
Bmw r1200rt 2005 wizzy brakes.

I have the dreaded brake flashing warning, but all work fine which i can live with with some blanking tape.
I also have terrible brake binding which does turn the brake disc blue. (now stopped riding) .Upon removal i can see the the rear piston on the front caliper is slow and sticky front piston zooms out. (is this normal as other side does this also?). I have brought another known working caliper, to which im going to fit.

Reading up seems you have to bleed the whole system 4 circuits from the abs resevoir via blled nipples. How can air get into the other circuits, from the front caliper. Surely you can clamp off the brake line and reverse bleed the new caliper, slowly bleeding any air in brake line? because the handlebar resevoir feeds the abs unit when it needs it?

Any pearls of wisdom here?

Cheers newbie eamonn.

Any pearls of wisdom here?

Okay If you remove the tank etc you will probably find the brake fluid in the ABS block is like treacle, because no one has ever changed it !

If it is? The servo system is fucked! Even if its not? its likely that the servo system is fucked! and if the servo unit is not fucked now it will be soon!!

End Of Story!!!

Remove the servo unit from bike YOu can ust and bend the metal pipes by the ABS unit

BUT Don't cut ANY wires Just unplug the ECU and set the connector plug where it won't get squashed or damaged

Reconnect brake lines as per standard, you can buy a link pipe for the rear and a non ABS splitter for the front that use the same upper pipework from M or from known dismantlers Motorworks.co.uk James Sherlock and others

Carefully remove the ABS ECU from the ABS Block unit Seal it up and weather / water proof it and plug it back in the loom and secure it to the bike again

Bleed hydraulic lines, Remove ABS bulbs and You will be safer, than you were before you started (If you are any good with spanners???)

Back
Top Bottom