Germany calling

We took the L204 Cochem to Sankt Goar , went to Beilstein on the way there which is also worth a look, very pretty little place. The L204 is a cracking wee road, lots of twistys, steep inclines, great craic. And virtually deserted.:D
Great report guys, thanks for posting.

Killer of a ride today with the heat. Cracking trip with the lads. Part 2 of Germany calling in a few weeks with the Girlfriend and going on the K1600b .

Have to Say in Holland going into garages ect the mask wearing and social distancing was none existing.

I gave up at petrol stations and kept my helmet on after the first day. They were most obliged. As was I

Next stop Blighty

Attachments

• 20200806_203530.jpg
    20200806_203530.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 258
I used the pay at pump where I could.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

as did I. But not all had P@P. Those that did seemed more expensive and if you card balance (revolut, caxtons, starling etc) is less than 200, it declines the transaction...

Nearly home

Attachments

• 20200807_052132.jpg
    20200807_052132.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 292
Great image that ....welcome home to a heat wave . Normally when I return it’s pissing down

Great image that ....welcome home to a heat wave . Normally when I return it’s pissing down

And me usually. Did not need our waterproofs on the whole trip. Hope it stays like that for my trip back in just over a couple of weeks with the girlfriend. Last time i took her she fainted and split her head open and was in hospital for a few days which was a nightmare so a lot she missed out on.

Nice RR and glad you had a good time.

I have an early Tunnel out on Wednesday morning and am watching the situation re France but according to the Government website if you’re in/on a private vehicle you can travel “in transit” (so no need to quarantine in your return) through that country as long as you don’t stop or mix with the local population.

Just wondering how far it is to the German border from Calais? I have a Multistrada Enduro so the range fully fuelled from say Folkestone at the tunnel would be about 300 miles.

The other option would be to just head for the Dutch border and take it from there I suppose.

Just checked. Calais to Aachen is about 220 miles therefore I should be golden.

Carry on. :D

Nice RR and glad you had a good time.

I have an early Tunnel out on Wednesday morning and am watching the situation re France but according to the Government website if you’re in/on a private vehicle you can travel “in transit” (so no need to quarantine in your return) through that country as long as you don’t stop or mix with the local population.

Just wondering how far it is to the German border from Calais? I have a Multistrada Enduro so the range fully fuelled from say Folkestone at the tunnel would be about 300 miles.

The other option would be to just head for the Dutch border and take it from there I suppose.

Just checked. Calais to Aachen is about 220 miles therefore I should be golden.

Carry on. :D

I just looked to see what it would be from the French border near Tournai to the German border at Steinebruck, if heading to Trier. 178 miles which should be doable on a single tank. Not sure my bladder would last...

I just looked to see what it would be from the French border near Tournai to the German border at Steinebruck, if heading to Trier. 178 miles which should be doable on a single tank. Not sure my bladder would last...

If not fuelling up, how would anyone know you've stopped? :augie ;)

Find a bush to piss in. HTH :thumb2

Hope for rain. Then just piss your pants. Nobody will know :augie.. I have never done this though :D

Tricky How are you getting on with your trip?
I will am planning on setting off on Monday for about a week to black forest region, at moment all seems ok quarantine wise. If anything changes drastically regarding France my plan B will be Bonnie Jockland but as things stand I reckon I will be on the train to France on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom