Germany calling

My Tunnel is booked for an early departure next Wednesday morning. Like I said earlier if France joins the quarantine list then I will just transit through and and make for Germany.

My other issue that it looks like it will be staying incredibly hot in most of Western Europe next week so I may head for the Baltic coast and maybe Northern Poland and the Baltic States as it looks cooler there. :thumb2

My Tunnel is booked for an early departure next Wednesday morning. Like I said earlier if France joins the quarantine list then I will just transit through and and make for Germany.

My other issue that it looks like it will be staying incredibly hot in most of Western Europe next week so I may head for the Baltic coast and maybe Northern Poland and the Baltic States as it looks cooler there. :thumb2

Sounds good Tricky.
My plan is to ride through France to Heidelberg Monday and then spend the rest of the week or so riding three of the circuits from the Ride Mag suggestions for Germany around the Black Forest region. Looking forward to it hoping that the predicted thunderstorms are in the evenings so I can enjoy them while sipping some beer reflecting on a good days riding each evening :beerjug:

No. But i heard it's acceptable to do it if you do to warm you up.

It’s almost inevitable. You put on a wet suit and then sink. As you sink the pressure acts on your bladder and you pretty soon need a piss. So you piss, which warms up your nethers. It’s actually quite a lovely sensation.
It’s no bother as everything has to have a thorough wash afterwards to get rid of the salt water.

Sounds good Tricky.
My plan is to ride through France to Heidelberg Monday and then spend the rest of the week or so riding three of the circuits from the Ride Mag suggestions for Germany around the Black Forest region. Looking forward to it hoping that the predicted thunderstorms are in the evenings so I can enjoy them while sipping some beer reflecting on a good days riding each evening :beerjug:

The Black Forest can have a weather system of its own.

Part two of my trip to Germany tomorrow. This time with the girlfriend finishing off our trip from last year. After last years misfortune of her fainting and cracking her head open and spending two days in hospital i hope this trip goes a bit better. Plus looking forward to going to the Nurburgring.

have a great time interested to know how the quarantine works on return, think i read on here if you ride straight to the port not stopping in netherlands, you are free from quarantine on arrival back at hull

I'm afraid arriving to get on the Ferry in the Netherlands is considered a stop over so you will have to quarantine for 14 days on your return. Happened to me at the Hook last week. It's explained on the Government's website and was also announced on the boat once we had arrived in the UK. It's mandatory to complete a locator form which they may check and if they find you aren't following the rules then it's a £1000 fine.

have a great time interested to know how the quarantine works on return, think i read on here if you ride straight to the port not stopping in netherlands, you are free from quarantine on arrival back at hull

That's what i thought but not sure.

I'm afraid arriving to get on the Ferry in the Netherlands is considered a stop over so you will have to quarantine for 14 days on your return. Happened to me at the Hook last week. It's explained on the Government's website and was also announced on the boat once we had arrived in the UK. It's mandatory to complete a locator form which they may check and if they find you aren't following the rules then it's a £1000 fine.

I will worry about it when i return. I did not intend to stop in Holland and go straight to the Port on my return so thought i would be ok.

That's what i thought but not sure.

I will worry about it when i return. I did not intend to stop in Holland and go straight to the Port on my return so thought i would be ok.

That’s exactly what I thought (and did) but still had to quarantine.

Anyway have a great trip. :thumb2

That’s exactly what I thought (and did) but still had to quarantine.

Anyway have a great trip. :thumb2

Cheers pal..Looking forward to my ride down to Hull in storm Francis :D Might blow us down and save me some Yorkshire pennies on fuel.

Prob around 1pm..Local weather says it might brighten up..Girlfriend is not keen on the bike when its very windy.

You might get a tad wet

241f8246a4d162e1a523673846a092ee.jpeg

Might drop lucky with the weather. Taking the girlfriends bike this time.

Attachments

• 20200825_120311.jpg
    20200825_120311.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 201
Could be a rough crossing

Attachments

• 20200825_145123.jpg
    20200825_145123.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 198
Chin chin. Nearly had a disaster waiting on top car park to get onto ferry. It was that windy it Nearly blew us off bike. For safety reasons I was told to go back down. Ferry is empty and apparently sailing on time.
Bloody hard work supping through this mask.:beerjug:

Attachments

• 20200825_165814.jpg
    20200825_165814.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 185
Had a Holiday makeover

Attachments

• 20200825_200148.jpg
    20200825_200148.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 164

Back
Top Bottom