Hello everyone ...

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
... I’m going to have to make myself comfortable in here. The GSA is dead, long live the RT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome Nin, Is the deal done then? :)

Hi Col,

Yes all done, they’re just putting it through the workshop. I got a great deal on a 1250 in the end.

Hmm or maybe not. Bike has a check engine light and some corrosion beginning already. 6k miles and 16 months old ....

They all do that. :p You should have kept your Pan.

Funny, I was thinking about the Pan the other day. Nice bike but a bit 20th century for my every day rider. I want all the aids these days!

It was pretty corroded as well from what I remember.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Righto, sorted again. Red as a baboon's wotsit but at least they'll see me coming.

Indeed. And dressing gown.

Although I must admit to ragging the Test bike rotten and it seemed jolly fast compared to the GSA.

Indeed. And dressing gown.

Although I must admit to ragging the Test bike rotten and it seemed jolly fast compared to the GSA.

I took one out for a test about 18 mths ago while the TC was being serviced. Yer man suggested I leave it out of sport mode for the first bit anyway, which I duly did. The route was through the Trossachs, over the Duke's Pass and back to East Kilbride, so a decent run. After I stopped for a breather, I switched it and did an overtake. Whooooooooooooooaaaaaaah! Overshot the chap by a good 30 meters! :D Quite a bike for a tourer! Handled very well too and low speed bimbling was great with a very nice feel of low down weight, although it's no lighter than the TC.

Enjoy!

Thanks Posh - nice part of the world that, My folks used to be in Balquhidder so I saw a few of those roads over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just back from Scotland, did over 1k miles in two days, including some excellent ragging around the lanes in the borders. The B709 is up there with some of my favourites now. I have to say I really do like the 1250 RT, it suits me much better than the GSA, performs somewhere between the K1600 and Triumph Trophy, and apart from being comfier and faster, gave me 10 mpg better on the trip. There's a chance I might even keep this one.

Just back from Scotland, did over 1k miles in two days, including some excellent ragging around the lanes in the borders. The B709 is up there with some of my favourites now. I have to say I really do like the 1250 RT, it suits me much better than the GSA, performs somewhere between the K1600 and Triumph Trophy, and apart from being comfier and faster, gave me 10 mpg better on the trip. There's a chance I might even keep this one.

Thats sums up my thoughts on them exactly, and I dont even have the 1250.

Back
Top Bottom