NC500 concerns.

You are aware there are signs telling you to pull in and allow other vehicles past I assume ? Even if you aren't it's just common courtesy.

I suspect the point was that the whole set up would be too big for many passing places so no one could pass in any case. Time for a width or vehicle length restriction on some of the single track roads ?

I suspect the point was that the whole set up would be too big for many passing places so no one could pass in any case. Time for a width or vehicle length restriction on some of the single track roads ?
If that was the case then I'm not surprised folk get impatient.

But how would Jaun king make his deliveries then ?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I rode down from Laxford to Lairg (40 miles of single track road with passing places) and I met a lot of cars and also an "artic"!
There were lots of passing places so it wasn't too bad, plus, a bike and car fit on a single carriageway if you're careful.

I rode down from Laxford to Lairg (40 miles of single track road with passing places) and I met a lot of cars and also an "artic"!
There were lots of passing places so it wasn't too bad, plus, a bike and car fit on a single carriageway if you're careful.

Interestingly we did it the other way last week and only met two vehicles from the opposite direction the whole road, seems most travel north using that road.

Interestingly we did it the other way last week and only met two vehicles from the opposite direction the whole road, seems most travel north using that road.

Furry boots are in Scotland actually are you?

I promise I won't tell Dellboy777!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are aware there are signs telling you to pull in and allow other vehicles past I assume ? Even if you aren't it's just common courtesy.

My reply was regarding mickeys observation of that motorhome and tow car not fitting into passing places. My van does and I do! :thumb2

Yeah .... OK :D

It'll be a great situation when he meets 30+ TVR or Lotus 7 one make car clubs 'days out' coming in the opposite direction, all nose to tail :D

Yebbut we both know who can spin their seat round and go put the kettle on if it goes tits up! :D

117395014_1159670071068618_1480689608332233961_o.jpg

Off to Tongue tomorrow...I'll report on return....

PS.....definitely not camping tho'.....oh no....

I was there today - both campsites at Durness were mobbed!

I rode to Durnes via Ullapool and back down from Melvich to Helmsdale (more single track road).

A nice 8 hour round trip; glorious weather and scenery!

Very busy from Durness to Melvich; lots of motorhomes on the road but they gave way to let me through quite a few times.

Mmm......... Might chance a run up to Ullapool, overnight there and return next day, then

Cheers!

Bloody hell! My favourite B&B, the Ladysmith........... is chocka! :blast

Attachments

• Ladysmith-aug.JPG
    Ladysmith-aug.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 230
Bloody hell! My favourite B&B, the Ladysmith........... is chocka! :blast

Over the course of the summer there are usually tens of thousands of folk going abroad every day, this year they aren't that means tens of thousands and clogging the roads every where.

It's actually quite sad what's happening to the countryside this year and the genie ain't going back in the bottle.

Back
Top Bottom