NC500 concerns.

A very well balanced and cogent article, for me the biggest bit is the lack of public health considerations, it must be said that cyclists are a big producer of this, the failure to take your rubbish with you and the belief that wild camping means you can go anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

A very well balanced and cogent article, for me the biggest bit is the lack of public health considerations, it must be said that cyclists are a big producer of this, the failure to take your rubbish with you and the belief that wild camping means you can go anywhere.

Why cyclists? If they had the room to bring something with them then they should still have the room (probably more if contents consumed) to take it away like anyone else.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Why cyclists? If they had the room to bring something with them then they should still have the room (probably more if contents consumed) to take it away like anyone else.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Mainly, due to the numbers I have seen having a shit behind the bushes, they certainly don't clean up after themselves, a broad generalisation but still true.

Most of the people would be up in arms if you crapped around their local, as they are doing up north.

It is a total lack of consideration.

I don't think the main problem of people shitting outside up that way is cyclists. I've been on the FB page for most of the summer now and it's wild campers that seems to be the biggest issue and campervans dumping their waste at the side of the road.

I don't think the main problem of people shitting outside up that way is cyclists. I've been on the FB page for most of the summer now and it's wild campers that seems to be the biggest issue and campervans dumping their waste at the side of the road.
True, but packs of them are just nipping behind the bushes.

This is how diseases are spread.

I've been round NC500 couple of times this year, and it is slowly getting better, or maybe more manageable is a more apt phrase.

Hopefully with the English schools going back H&IC can get on with the clean up.

I’ll be around the top left hand corner this coming long weekend so I’m intrigued what I will find.
Last Sunday we went over to Ft William via the Lecht and Avimore and back via Glencoe, Crianlarich and Glenshee.

Avimore petrol station was as busy as ever and the traffic / crowds in Glencoe Were as to be expected. What surprised me was the hundreds of bikes parked up at the Tyndrum Green Wellie. It was absolutely heaving. My idea of hell.

Glenshee was supposed to be full of police engaging with anti-social bikers but we saw nothing at all. In fact, in 360 miles, I didn’t see a single act of stupidity by a biker :thumb

Last Sunday we went over to Ft William via the Lecht and Avimore and back via Glencoe, Crianlarich and Glenshee.
Aviemore petrol station was as busy as ever and the traffic / crowds in Glencoe Were as to be expected. What surprised me was the hundreds of bikes parked up at the Tyndrum Green Wellie. It was absolutely heaving. My idea of hell.

This would have been the Thunder in the Glen weekend, and as many book their accommodation in advance, they probably came up anyway. I went over the Lecht last Sunday morning, it was "bracing" up there!

How’s it looking up the top now? :nenau
All nice and quiet again after the dirty assholes have left?

How’s it looking up the top now? :nenau
All nice and quiet again after the dirty assholes have left?
Read a post today from someone in Ariskaig, granted not the nc500 but they said they counted 50 campervans in the village, it's a tiny village.

Mate of mine was up top a few weeks back and said there was a line of 7 vans heading one way and about the same in the opposite direction, said it was horrific trying to get along that road.

The bubble is well and truly burst up there, I now have no desire to return up that way now, feel really sorry for the locals.

I came down the A86 from Forres this weekend to Fort William , roads were pretty empty :D.
Was a tad wet in places mind

I came down the A86 from Forres this weekend to Fort William , roads were pretty empty :D.
Was a tad wet in places mind

You should have popped in for a coffee (or tea) as I'm only 8 mile from Forres!

I was on the Gairloch loop last Tuesday and Helmsdale, on and off the main drag at the weekend for a couple of wee blasts. No major dramas wrt motorhomes etc. Plenty of width to pass and tbh, a lot of them moving over to the left to let you through.
I think now the schools are back, not as busy.
Skye, I believe, is still manic :blast but to be confirmed :augie

Skye was the quietest I’ve ever seen it on Saturday.

However :mad: a few of our group encountered a local in a white transit who doesn’t give a shit about others on the road. He clipped two bikes and bike 3 had no option but to venture into a ditch to avoid a major accident. The van proceeded to carry on regardless. Oblivious to this and a mile or so behind, we had a camper van pull over for us and what must have been the same vehicle was 1 inch off his back bumper and looking extremely grumpy!

Rider is fine but the bike needs some new bits.

What it it with these people with no consideration for others?!

This was on the Assynt coastal road from Loch inver to Scourie.

Not good. Sounds like a bit of a wanker.

So, it must be a LOT quieter up the top now shirley? :nenau

I’ll be up there next week. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom